neighbours permission?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have work to do on my chimney stack which involves my going onto my neighbours driveway for access. Sadly, we do not get on that well and I wanted to know if I could gain access without his permission? or if not, how I can gain access lawfully? Can anyone help? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I have work to do on my chimney stack which involves my going onto my neighbours driveway for access. Sadly, we do not get on that well and I wanted to know if I could gain access without his permission? or if not, how I can gain access lawfully? Can anyone help? Cheers.

Citizens Advice Bureau is your best bet or google 'Ask a Legal Question'.

You can gain acces via the 'Access to Neighbouring Land Act'. There are procedures though so you will need to look it up and digest.

Sounds like it will be a Solicitors letter job,before you start.

You/ or your builders, would have grounds to enter the driveway, to repair and make safe the chimney stack, as it is a potential danger to all concerned.

Sponsored Links
why not knock on the door and just ask for permission to gain access to carry out said works.then when they say no say you will obtain the relevant permission,but wanted to 'GO' down the friendly route 1st??
who knows this could be the start of something that benefits both of you in the end.

why not knock on the door and just ask for permission to gain access to carry out said works.then when they say no say you will obtain the relevant permission,but wanted to 'GO' down the friendly route 1st??
who knows this could be the start of something that benefits both of you in the end.

That sounds far to sensible to me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There was a woman the other day from Nottingham who painted "her side" of the neighbours 3ft fence, white. She has been charged with "criminal damage". Hmmmm. :confused:

There was a woman the other day from Nottingham who painted "her side" of the neighbours 3ft fence, white. She has been charged with "criminal damage". Hmmmm. :confused:
All she need to do is point out the age of the fence and claim it was being predatory. That'll get her off the hook :mrgreen:

If it belonged to the other side, she had no rights to paint it and has brought the prosecution on herself. There will of course be background to this.

When you go round your neighbors, a bottle of wine can help ease the situation.

They're not Methodists, are they?

I know it's difficult, especially if there's a long history between you, but a civil conversation is usually the best course of action.

Sponsored Links
Back