Neighbours smelled gas but didn't report it - London

Did you see the one in the CC about the guy who removed the energy company meters and fitted his own ?

Afaik they have now dug up
The road out side his house and capped him off

Don’t quite see what the bloke thought he was going to achieve tbh ??

Sponsored Links
We didn't part with any hard cash when we had our two smart meters fitted. They are working fine.

Afaik they have now dug up
The road out side his house and capped him off

Don’t quite see what the bloke thought he was going to achieve tbh ??

Some suggest it was to
Avoid paying a standing charge
For the meter ?? Put yer own meter in and no standing charge ? Theory ?

Sponsored Links
Standing charge includes a lot more bits than just the cost associated with the meter

True, grid/transco/cadent etc all has to be paid for. Though I (and others like yourself) am not claiming this incident was anything to do with meter fiddling .
yeah i had to laugh at the news report ,
The local council said it was a gas escape yet the experts were saying it is still being investigated and will take at least a few days .
Meter tampering in the summer during a heatwave doesnt sound the most likely

I was wondering that, in the winter maybe but during a heatwave? nah...

All this guff about not paying is just going to cause further issues, negative ones for those that do not pay.

said it before its going to fek up all the energy company algorithms that are set up to detect a drop in usage and thus an inspection visit millions will be dropping consumption of energy come the big winter bills . Already seen one company already advertising for meter guys purely for warrant visits

Where I walk my dog most mornings, I go past a very large detached house. Can’t see the house but the pool room is near the fence. The vent for the heating boiler is going 24/7. I mentioned to the person that I usually walk with that I often wonder how much their gas bill must be. Her ex-partner designs and installs swimming pools. She tells me that it’s quite common for those with swimming pools to have a by-pass fitted to the gas to heat the pool!

Where I walk my dog most mornings, I go past a very large detached house. Can’t see the house but the pool room is near the fence. The vent for the heating boiler is going 24/7. I mentioned to the person that I usually walk with that I often wonder how much their gas bill must be. Her ex-partner designs and installs swimming pools. She tells me that it’s quite common for those with swimming pools to have a by-pass fitted to the gas to heat the pool!
bypass as in the service to the house has been dug up and a tee put in it is the usual way

bypass as in the service to the house has been dug up and a tee put in it is the usual way
I can sort of understanding someone desperate to keep their family warm but not to heat a swimming pool! It’s a bit like the difference between someone stealing a loaf of bread to feed their family and someone stealing a pack of foie gras because they like the taste!

Sponsored Links
Back