Neighbours smelled gas but didn't report it - London

Surely in this day and age (CSR etc) and with social media being a useful portal to highlight anything negative that large corporations do, it can't be in the energy companies interest to cut customers off, assuming the customer is still engaging with them and trying to pay at least something? Or am I looking at it too naively?

I'm not referring to folk that try to bypass meters etc, I'm referring to folk that are upfront about struggling to pay.

Sponsored Links
So so true. Only to you it seems. Still you know now and that can only be a good thing.
Been rough these few days duck, I do apologise. I'm sure when folk look for the gas emergency number, rest assured DIYnot will not feature heavily. (y)

Sponsored Links
Surely in this day and age (CSR etc) and with social media being a useful portal to highlight anything negative that large corporations do, it can't be in the energy companies interest to cut customers off, assuming the customer is still engaging with them and trying to pay at least something? Or am I looking at it too naively?

I'm not referring to folk that try to bypass meters etc, I'm referring to folk that are upfront about struggling to pay.
Been rough these few days duck, I do apologise. I'm sure when folk look for the gas emergency number, rest assured DIYnot will not feature heavily. (y)
Don't apologise. I only pull your chain cos I know you'll pull back without feeling confronted and looking for a safe space (y)

Is he looking for the ESP phone number??
That's me Ma's house. Trying to help the old dear with a much needed downstairs loo. My lad went through the gas whilst I picked up the fittings. Got it done for nowt because I spoke to one of the gaffers and they put it through as a dodgy fitting, bless 'em.

They will initially be offered a prepayment meter that takes back so much of any debt they are in each week which isnt that much . Nearly 30 years ago i was fitting card meters for people who already owed at least 1500 quid many around 2k and it only took £2.50p a week back on the debt

When I posted that, I had been passing messy waste and having little sleep for 56 hours straight. I'm now into the fifth day.
Campylobacter apparently. (n)
You have my symphony.

It is dreadful.

I would cheerfully have accepted death as an alternative.

Cadent are as good as it gets when you say “smell of gas”

I have to say that whenever I've reported smelling gas they've been out within the hour.

There was this scenic place I used to go to for lunch & the whiff was very faint & very much depended on the wind, but they were there for 2weeks replacing a huge main.

The latest was while out walking the house dog round t'village, he stood & sniffed so I let him follow it & he went straight to a gas meter box on a house 20ft away. They replaced the regulator I'm told in the thank you note.

There was a semi-famous gas explosion in our nearest town when I was at skool, killed 6 & blew 4x terraced houses to smithereens, I can still picture the image of the debris where those homes used to be. In much later years I ended up chatting with the first copper on the scene, he was there just before it all blew up & I remember him telling how the tarmac of the road outside was bubbling with the sheer pressure of the gas escaping. His biggest regret in life is raising the alarm 'cos he was convinced that he woke someone who turned on the light switch that ignited it !
Have you ever considered a career writing disaster novels.

Kit being sold on eBay afaik to
Facilitate said caper

Not described as such but pretty obvious what it’s for ????

Afaik a smart meter will flag up tampering ????!!
Only if the tampering goes in the consumer's favour...

Sponsored Links
Back