NEON COOKER SWITCH LIGHT ON WHEN OFF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newly installed cooker switch appears to be dodgy. When switch is on, neon is very bright, when off neon slightly flickers/is dull. When off and dull, turning the cooker on makes the neon go out completely - no power to cooker though.

Is it a dodgy switch that should be changed, or a common occurence?

Sponsored Links
It definatley sounds like a duff switch to me. It ought to be replaced as it sounds as though when the switch is in the off position the appliance might not actually be fully isolated.

Please double check the connections. Load should be cable to the oven, feed is the supply from the mains.

I've seen neon switches wired wrong and that still give switch function with a permanent neon.i

Sponsored Links
Duff switch. The supply / load were fine because it had been working OK. I noticed the switch itself could be moved and by pushing it in the dim neon goes off, so changed it, and it's fine now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back