Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if some kind person on here happens to know whether my Honeywell cm907 thermostat can be swapped out for a Nest E thermostat? Currently I have the honeywell connected to my gas combi boiler and the thermostat controls the heating alone.

The screen on the honeywell has failed (a common issue I believe) so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade and modernise a little.

I've removed the front panel from the battery powered honeywell and can see only two wires (brown and black) attached into A & B (see attached photo).

Every other guide and installation video I've seen shows other thermostats with more than 2 wires, so I'm unsure whether my wiring would work with the Nest E. I can't figure out by researching online where the two wires would go in this case.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated, I'm delaying pulling the trigger on the purchase until I'm confident my wiring will work!

Many thanks

Ash

Attachments

• 20200510_140140.jpg
    20200510_140140.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the Nest e supports 230vac switching then it’s fine. Unless you can test the wiring?

You'd need to put the Nest E receiver where the CM907 is, as Nest E needs to sit on a table stand and be plugged in, but it would work

Thanks for the replies, I'll order and give it a go and let you know how I get on

Sponsored Links
Just an update, installed the nest thermostat E and heat link E (where my old thermostat was on the wall) and everything working very well.

The wiring was actually very easy, the nest app walks you through the installation for the heat link, in the end I just needed to put the brown wire into C terminal and the black wire into NO terminal.

Thanks for you replies earlier, hopefully this thread helps someone in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back