Netaheat 6/10 boiler, positve or negatively pressurised?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone please advise
I have a Netaheat 6/10 boiler and when I asked to have it checked out the engineer said he would have to perform a smoke test on it. He went on to explain that he had just been on a safety course and it was brought to his attention that a couple of people had been asphyxiated by a leaking positively pressurised Netaheat boiler. He went on to explain that if the fan was on the air intake of the boiler it would cause this positive pressure, hence a danger and need for smoke test. However, if the fan was on the exhaust side, it would create a negative pressure in the boiler and therefore safe.

My question is; are Netaheat 6/10 boilers manufactured some being positively pressurised and some negatively pressurised? It seems to me somewhat unnecessarily complicated for a boiler.

Thanks to anyone who has read this far, any advice more than welcome.

Sponsored Links
netaheats are positive pressure, engineer was correct to test seals but also needs to check around connections at back of boiler as they have been known to rust through.

An engineer who does not know that a Netaheat has a positive case pressure is potentially very dangerous!

It is a sad fact that the assessments they have to do does not cover that!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back