New Alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm an engineer by trade, and a qualified electrician, albeit never traded myself as a spark.
I'm looking to install a new alarm system. Many years ago I had an old veritas system - we replaced this a couple of years ago for a wireless Miguard G5 system which has proven to be complete pants.

I'm therefore looking to install a new system. I'd appreciate some recommendations on the best types of systems.
I'm probably looking at a wired system, but would appreciate some advice on any proven reliable wireless systems.

I usually get my electrical kit from the likes of TLC direct, and they seem to have the Accenta and Optima systems - what are your thoughts on these systems.

Requirements will be something like 5 or 6 zones, so not a big system - and I'd also probably want some sort of dialler installed with it. I'm looking to install myself.

Many thanks in advance
Steve

Sponsored Links
I'm not an alarm expert and I'm sure you'll get other, more knowledgeable, replies, but FWIW...
Have a look at the Honeywell Galaxy range, the G2-12 (12 zone) is about £30 on ebay. It's a well respected wired system out of the box but can be made wireless with extra parts. You'd also need a keypad (MK7), plus a strobe/siren, and a battery (plus sensors etc unless yours are compatable). You can add an ethernet module for £50 which gives you full control of the alarm from your phone/internet and texts/calls you if your alarm goes off (for £1 per month). Google selfmon for more info, there's a few happy customers on here, including me.

Look at hybrid systems eg Texecom premier , Galaxy , Scantronic , castle, best of both worlds... The premier panel can do text message and now a low cost speech unit that you can plug on .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back