New bathroom window in side wall.

presumably to avoid trespassing on the neighbour's land when it's open.
No ,as regards fixed shut , there is no point the window being fire resisting if it is open.
An open window hanging over the boundary was just another point.
Yes, i guess my point is that i feel like you're repeating my polite corrections to your posts as your own points throughout this thread, as if I'm the one misunderstanding things, which is a bit odd.

Sponsored Links
Yes, i guess my point is that i feel like you're repeating my polite corrections to your posts as your own points throughout this thread, as if I'm the one misunderstanding things, which is a bit odd.
o_O

Window within 1m of boundary, half hour fire resisting fixed shut :!:
Agree about the fixed shut, presumably to avoid trespassing on the neighbour's land when it's open.
To prevent fire spread over the boundary.
Another point to consider ,if the window is say 900mm wide by 1050mm high it could open over the boundary in this case if the wall is only 750mm from the boundary. :!:
I thought that might have been your original point about the fixed shut back at the start!
No ,as regards fixed shut , there is no point the window being fire resisting if it is open.
An open window hanging over the boundary was just another point.
Yes, I have noticed your comments are usually polite but I don't see anything wrong with my previous comments or how they repeat your points :!:

Yes pedantic springs to mind! Window opening inwards like tilt & turn would seemingly eliminate a problem which was never there.

Sponsored Links
So are you telling me they have built brand new houses without a bathroom window?

So are you telling me they have built brand new houses without a bathroom window?
So it seems, wonder why ? Perhaps they thought there might be a problem with the houses being so close together :!: (and couldn't be bothered to think it through like we have on here :!: )

Window opening inwards like tilt & turn would seemingly eliminate a problem which was never there.
or a 610 wide by 1050mm high side hung casement window would comply with regulations if OP doesn't want an inward opening window.
The end.

@Leofric no worries it was probably me reading too much as much as you missing as much!
The way i saw it was we had all the information needed to know it's unlikely to need to be fire proof and you had just made an oversight when stating fire proof. As a rule i don't like to post just to contradict someone trying their best to help and you are helpful! So i gave just enough info to point at what you probably didn't spot and also mentioned trespass although again unlikely.
You didn't seem to be thankful about any of that but fair enough.
Then you were rightly picking up another poster for being unclear about the rules which i thought was a bit much at the time.
Then in the end when you repeated about trespass i was a bit surprised as the way you were behaving.

However as said I'm sure you weren't thinking about it that way! And finally hope you enjoy the long weekend:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back