Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am looking to have a new bathroom fitted :

old tiles removed
walls replastered if required
new tiles fitted around splashback areas of bath, sink and shower
new shower enclosure fitted
new shower fittings (keep original shower unit\pump whatever its called as its a grohe which i have been told is quite good)
new bath and fittings
new floor laid, not tiles
new wc
new sink and fittings

i intend buying the bathroom suite myself and i am really looking someone to quote me for doing the work above, i dont even mind removing the tiles to save on labour costs, as at the minute the bathroom is tiled floor to ceiling and the bathroom is 10x8 with about a 10 foot ceiling so theres a lot of tiles to remove.

i have had a few quotes so far ranging between £1800 and £2900, that seems a lot to me, can someone give me a rough estimate of what i should be looking to pay, you are more than welcome to come and quote for the job yourself.

many thanks

garya

Sponsored Links
The problem with the £1800 quote is that it was so much lower than the other 2, so i got a bit suspicious after i had received the other 2 quotes, so you reckon for the work involved that around £1800 is enough?

Thanks

Garya

Too many variables on a job like that for any sort of accuracy for a forum quote. If you aren't happy with the lowest quote, ask for a reference/speak to someone he's done a similar job for recently.

Sponsored Links
ok, that's fair enough, i will pursue that. Chrisr, what heating system do you have in your igloo ;) ?

cheers

garya

Two handy tips:

Draw the layout and write down what you want done, see that all the quotes include the same things and ask for explanations of any differences

Ask your potential installers if they can arrange for you to visit someone local who's recently had a similar job done by the same person

problem is what ever you ae paying...its still no reflection on result.

the 1800 guy might work on his own and is happy with 1800 for 1-2 weeks work...and he could be good...or krap

the 2900 guys might just be greedy or have more overheads etc..they could be good or bad also.....

recomendations is the key

thanks for the help and advice guys, it's seems straight forward that i should ask to get phone numbers from these tradespeople and speak to their past customers, i will do just that.

cheers

garya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back