New Blowtorch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning a new bathroom and will need to replumb the piping to suit the new layout. My existing Taymor blowtoch is playing up and am now considering moving up a notch to something a bit more professional. I have used my dads old benzomatic and have found these to be good models with plenty of heat output.

I am considering a TS7000 Blow torch and have a seen a new one on Ebay for around £30.00, I just want to know if this model can be used with standard gas butane/propane gas cans or if they are designed for another type of gas bottle/cartridge?

Many thanks

Naz

Sponsored Links
It's a good torch, it doesn't take the same bottles as the old taymar ones though. You can buy the gas bottles in b+q - mapp gas or propane depending on what you want.

I've got one, it's basically the same as the more expensive Rothenberger Superfire, but with a slightly smaller pipe (which I find is actually better for 15/22mm work and copes reasonably well with 28mm as well). Would definitely buy another one, the Rothenbergers aren't worth the extra (in fact I'm not convinced that they aren't made in the same factory...)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the posts, sounds like a good piece of kit, will probably end up buying it.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back