New Boiler Cleaning System

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you know

by thge way x300 is for new system flushes and wont do jack **** to an old sludgy system

fool

Sponsored Links
well said corgi!

qwerty go away you fool

i've come on here to get advice from some experts not some spotty teenager!

Qwerty is still talking about his own system which he is not going to power flush but instead he is going to use X300.

When we told him he needed power flushing or at the very least X400 he decided to tell us he was having new radiators.

He is a homeowner NOT a professional heating engineer!

Tony

Agile said:
Qwerty is still talking about his own system which he is not going to power flush but instead he is going to use X300.

When we told him he needed power flushing or at the very least X400 he decided to tell us he was having new radiators.

He is a homeowner NOT a professional heating engineer!

Tony

Thanks tony! You wonder why people like him/her abuse boards like these when people are trying to help

Sponsored Links
Crystal said:
On another site Agile (not his real name) wrote

..."Power flushing to me is primarily a show for the customer. There are few situations I see it doing any better that the correct treatment left for the appropriate time using the system boiler and pump or in extreme cases mains water pressure flushing. X400 does need four weeks of heating use. Only the acid treatments will be completed in a few hours and I only use them in the worst cases."...

Why the inconsistency ? Does he now own a flushing machine by any chance ?

Ah the truth comes pout agile you do talk rubbish!

No wonder people have compliants about agiles company - just troll the web!

so when did you buy a power flusher LOL

mmm, I am very aware of agile in a professional capacity i know that he is highly respected in the trade, and his opinions are sort by all professionals within the industry

whereas you are a tit

nuff said

Hi all, I have been following the power flushing debate with great interest.

Last wednesday I was called to a breakdown on a Glowworm 24i (absolute piece of crap). I was the fifth plumber to look at it. I don't know why the others couldn't sort it, but that's another story. Anyway, the prv had blown and the hot water mode wasn,t working.

I took the boiler to bits. Doesn;t take long. It's all circlips and plastic.

The actuator was absolutely solid with sludge and corrosion. The plate to plate was solid. Luckily the expansion vessel was ok ( otherwise boiler off).
This was the result of not flushing. I powerflushed and you should have seen what came out. It was the worst Iv'e seen for a long time. If you fit a combi before powerflushing expect big expensive come backs.

qwerty10000 said:
just troll the web!
I think qwerty gives himself away here. Troll is not just a misspelling of trawl, it's what he is!

He makes malicious claims about critical postings on the web but won't provide a link to them - because they don't exist, or is he just not competent to provide a link?

He wouldn't even be able to spell his name if the letters weren't all in a row!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

as I said the mans a tit, and should think before having a go at someone of tony's standing

corgi del said:
Hi all, I have been following the power flushing debate with great interest.

Last wednesday I was called to a breakdown on a Glowworm 24i (absolute piece of rubbish). I was the fifth plumber to look at it. I don't know why the others couldn't sort it, but that's another story. Anyway, the prv had blown and the hot water mode wasn,t working.

I took the boiler to bits. Doesn;t take long. It's all circlips and plastic.

The actuator was absolutely solid with sludge and corrosion. The plate to plate was solid. Luckily the expansion vessel was ok ( otherwise boiler off).
This was the result of not flushing. I powerflushed and you should have seen what came out. It was the worst Iv'e seen for a long time. If you fit a combi before powerflushing expect big expensive come backs.

u talk crap, a chemical clean is just as good as a power flush

how do you know this qwerty???

what qualification and/or experiance do you have to state that powerflushingis as good as a chem flush????

would be interested to know seeing as you were the one who asked the posters here for their opinion, if your mind was made up why bother posting in the first place???

I quote from your topic entiled "Flushing system"

"I am getting a new baxi platinum 28 to replace the old heating system. The plumber said he would clean the system before hand using the following

Sentinel x 300 & Sentinel x 100

I have no idea what this is but does it sound adequte? I know it's not a power flush but that is expensive. I just want to make sure that this will get rid of all the grime in the exsisting system

Thanks"

why have you become so aggresive over this, some have said they think power flushing is good some have said that its the same as chem flushing and some have said that it is rubbish, thats what dicussions are for, ask ten chefs how bake a cake and you will probably get ten different recipes but all resulting in the same cake.

chrishutt said:
GWP said:
End of, either do it, or you don't get it past building regs and don't get your home owners pack next year.
You're making a lot of assumptions about how the new system is going to work in reality. Don't believe everything your told by this government and its minions (Corgi et al).

You want your bench mark filled in and me to self certify your gas works notification then your existing central heating system gets power flushed.

I don't give a monkey's whether it works or not, or whether someone's great uncle's gran can do better with a bottle of milk stout and a hose pipe, part L requires it, I want to get paid, so my customers get what the regs say or they can use someone else.

i agree we can only follow he rules as they are now, we cannot second guess how and if they will be enforced.

we are trained to follow them and follow them we must

Your getting yourself in a muddle, GWP.

Firstly, I don't believe either Part L or the Benchmark record require power flushing.

Secondly, what you call the home owners pack (actually HIP) will not be conditional on boiler installations having been notified to Building Control.

GWP-Stansted said:
chrishutt said:
GWP said:
End of, either do it, or you don't get it past building regs and don't get your home owners pack next year.
You're making a lot of assumptions about how the new system is going to work in reality. Don't believe everything your told by this government and its minions (Corgi et al).

You want your bench mark filled in and me to self certify your gas works notification then your existing central heating system gets power flushed.

I don't give a monkey's whether it works or not, or whether someone's great uncle's gran can do better with a bottle of milk stout and a hose pipe, part L requires it, I want to get paid, so my customers get what the regs say or they can use someone else.

Hope you're not a plumbing cos you'll give everyone the wrong advice! Hold one telling people that to meet the regs you need a powerflush you'll make more money out of them - arhh I get ya!

Get your fact right before you give out duff info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back