New boiler condensate pipe, lockout

Fair doo's. I don't fit Worcester now or for a long time is the 2000 a floor mounted boiler?
No its a small wall mounted boiler, I dont install Worcesters but went on the course when the 2000 came out, they made a big deal about pumped condensate, it is cear in the Mis , that was a direct quote from the Mis

1. It is a requirement that the condensate drain is installed internally. 2. If external disposal is the only means of condensate discharge, then the CondenseSure siphon or a condensate pump must be installed

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a problem. It means the appliance is double trapped

Having set up some tubing I can see how the trap inside the boiler can over fill with condensate before it can overcome the back air pressure created by the external trap. An air vent between the two trap solves the problem

Never too old to learn the reality of things.

yep, he's certainly screwed that up by going up hill.. nice diagram by the way (y)

I'm also not a big fan of people blocking air vents for this kind of reason - laziness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back