New boiler: Glowworm Betacom or Worcester Greenstar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is broken and I'm considering these two: Glowworm Betacom 3 24 KW or Worcester Greenstar 25i ERP. The boiler is external (on a terrace) for a one-bedroom flat in London.

Does anyone have recommendations on which is better? The Worcester is more expensive and comes recommended, but what extra benefits does that extra cost provide?

Also, some of the quotes I've received include a lime scale reducer, system filter, and wireless programmable room thermostat, but other quotes do not. Are these necessary?

Charlie

Sponsored Links
I prefer intergas over glowworm or worcester. Different chaps have their own preferences.
Scale reducer, system filter definitely needed. Programmable roomstat? Depends on what you have already. Trv's may be needed too.

Difficult to say for definite without more info.

Another vote for Intergas here. The extra cost of the Worcester gives you access to some 350 Worcester engineers charging around the country responding to warranty calls. That's about the only advantage, but I prefer a boiler that doesn't need that kind of backup...

The Greenstar is a pile of plastic cr.p. The Glow Worm is a Re-Badged Heatline.
So get a Heatline or perhaps a better boiler than both the above;
Vokera Vision
Intergas Rapid
Ideal Logic
Etc etc etc

Sponsored Links
My boiler is broken and I'm considering these two: Glowworm Betacom 3 24 KW or Worcester Greenstar 25i ERP. The boiler is external (on a terrace) for a one-bedroom flat in London.

Does anyone have recommendations on which is better? The Worcester is more expensive and comes recommended, but what extra benefits does that extra cost provide?

Also, some of the quotes I've received include a lime scale reducer, system filter, and wireless programmable room thermostat, but other quotes do not. Are these necessary?

Charlie
What do you men that the boiler is external ? do you mean it is outside of the flat ? is it in a cupboard ?

My boiler is broken and I'm considering these two:

How broken is it? Not worth repairing?

Do you want an external boiler or are you reusing an existing housing?

Last edited:
jeez what a choice , also as ian has said what do you mean by external ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back