New boiler installation

Hello folks. Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to respond.

So, things have moved on this week.

I called out Vaillant to address the internal filler loop, the fitter not "having time". A very pleasant guy turned up, looked at the "issue" and couldn't find a problem other than the filler handles were missing - brilliant. He kindly fitted one for me - only had one his van. He also commented on the entry for the power and RT that has been placed through a hole which was grommeted but is now filled by those two cables. He said there's a reason they supply a glanded cable entry system, which is to keep the unit sealed. He also said the Benchmark must be filled out as Vaillant are tightening up on these.

After speaking with my electrician mate, I fitted my original Dual Channel Hive to the 230V RT and it works just fine. The single-channel one has gone back to the "fitter" for him to knock the cost off my bill.

The fitter came round and got the rads hot in the loft, however, he's not having it about the Magnaclense and had the right hump that I'd had the cheek to read-up and watch the Adey demo on YouTube, seems to me he's done it wrong and either doesn't want to lose face, just doesn't understand how the thing works or just can't be arsed even though he stated clearly on the quote that he would do a Magnacleanse to clear any build-up in the rads. I'm more than happy for him to prove me wrong, but I just can't see given the way he has hooked it up that it will work as Adey intend it to.

I've paid him in full for all of the parts and materials and withheld half the outstanding labour cost, he's being proper arsey about it but it's my only leverage.

I'll update again when there's any further development.

cheers, w7r

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back