New boiler recommendation

Because you are going to continue using the thermal store boiler efficiency is negated and therefore shouldn't be top of your list when choosing a boiler.

If you fit a system boiler the warranty will obviously cover the pump aswell. Whereas fitting a heat only if the pump fails you will have to pick up the bill. It's not really a big thing though.

You can fit literally any boiler brand you like, they all have big warranties and are much the same. The hardest part is finding a decent installer, it's generally best to find the installer and go with their recommendation.

The Baxi 600 series boiler is a good all round. Vokera also a decent budget boiler.

Sponsored Links
Tbh, warranty duration should be a highly weighted factor in boiler selection. December 2010, my 25+ yr old boiler met its creator. I looked. Did research, and choose a Viessman, German be quality, and came with 5 yr warranty. Was almost trouble free for 9 yrs, March 2020, died. Called a plumber, and we found in despite having the you your British gas home care contract, c with its annual health check, there had been an internal leak which had been going on for a couple of years and the entire under side of the boiler had now corroded - should've already been picked up on the last inspection which was done in Jan 2020, and likely already the one done in 2019.

There plumber recommended Alpha. One of the cheapest in price brands, but, with 11 yr warranty of you as the premier pack, which i still don't know they propose of. Be total cost,b including wireless / internet thermostat, 1206 quid. I didn't use the alpha thermostat in the end as the boiler is OpenTherm compatible, so I invested in a Nest smart controller instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back