New boiler timer

Sponsored Links
What type of boiler are you opting for?

There's always the option of a built in timeclock by the same manufacturer for ease.

c_l: almost any modern, single-channel programmer will serve as a replacement for that old relic.

It might be better if you were to describe your existing heating system, including the type and age of the boiler........

Lucia.

It's a gloworm fuel saver boiler
it's not a combi there is no instant hot water
not sure how old the boiler is but over 10 years

boiler works fine the clock gets stuck though

Sponsored Links
Assuming c_l, that you have a basic gravity HW and pumped CH system, then I'd recommend a Honeywell ST6200 programmer. It will cost you approximately £27. You might need further advice on how to connect it, in which case I'd be happy to oblige......

Lucia.

Assuming c_l, that you have a basic gravity HW and pumped CH system, then I'd recommend a Honeywell ST6200 programmer. It will cost you approximately £27. You might need further advice on how to connect it, in which case I'd be happy to oblige......

Lucia.

Did you mean Stc6400? This has the two channels the op requires.
Hot water and Central Heating.

Hello londonboy, no I certainly did not mean the 6400 model, because it's not suited to simple gravity HW systems. The 6200 is indeed a 2-channel programmer, but only allows the standard HW only or CH+HW option.

The 6400 and 6300 models are not suitable for such basic systems.

Lucia.

I thought there was a small switch on the back which enabled you to set pumped/gravity?

You could use just one channel of a two channel programmer as a simple time switch, but why pay for bits you can't use?

The 'pumped/gravity hot water' switch on the back of 2 channel programmers just locks the two outputs together in such a way that you can't select heating on with the hot water turned off.

I thought there was a small switch on the back which enabled you to set pumped/gravity?

That's often the case with programmers of a certain type and age, londonboy, but it certainly isn't the case with the Honeywell 6400 and 6300. If you'd care to download the installation instructions for this Honeywell range, you'll find that only the 6200 is appropriate for basic gravity HW systems. This range doesn't have a 10/16 selector 'at the back' but it is nonetheless, a most reliable controller....

Lucia.

You won't have a problem finding a Honeywell ST-range programmer in the real world of plumbers' merchants and electrical wholesalers in any town.

Shopping on the internet isn't all it's cracked up to be, particularly if you're doing a non-specific Google search.....

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back