New combi install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi another combi related post here.. My son has just bought a 2 bedroom dormer end terraced house...with solid walls (no cavity)..But with plans to insulate/dry line....At the moment there is no heating system,hot water is by coal fired back boiler....We intend to install full combi fired heating/water. But which combi shold we go for? I'm biased towards Vaillant , after owning a 242e for 16 relatively trouble free years. But all suggestions gratefully considered...Bill

Sponsored Links
Its like what car, its every installers own preference!

I like Peugeot !

Tony

Well thanks for that pearl of wisdom... :LOL: ....But surely a couple of makes stand out from the crowd... I'm sure that you gas engineers/installers, tend to find out which are good and which should be avoided......Bill

Hi another combi related post here.. My son has just bought a 2 bedroom dormer end terraced house...with solid walls (no cavity)..But with plans to insulate/dry line....At the moment there is no heating system,hot water is by coal fired back boiler....We intend to install full combi fired heating/water. But which combi shold we go for? I'm biased towards Vaillant , after owning a 242e for 16 relatively trouble free years. But all suggestions gratefully considered...Bill

I install The Baxi Duo Tec or its Potterton equivelant, with these boilers you get a 2 year Parts and labour garantee and in the last 2 years i have not been back to one and have fitted well over 100.
Its not the most expensive boiler on the market but does its job very well and is easy for engineers to work on for both servicing and should any faults arise.
BUT ( and there is always one of these ) nearly every single boiler installer on here will give you a different make and model to their own preferance.
Hope this helps in any way.

Sponsored Links
Well thanks for that pearl of wisdom... :LOL: ....But surely a couple of makes stand out from the crowd... I'm sure that you gas engineers/installers, tend to find out which are good and which should be avoided......Bill

All this stuff is well documented.... The search button is your friend.

Broag every time.

http://www.avantarange.com/

Either a 24c Avanta Plus combi, or if he wants a really good shower, the 28c.

5 year warranty, very quiet, 13 litres per min hot water flow (28c), very compact size, all internal components dependable and easy to service/reach, stainless steel heat exchanger, etc. etc. Also a few hundred cheaper than the Vaillant, and better (in my opinion).

Vaillants aren't always as reliable as you would think.

This is one of the most common questions to appear, hundreds of posts about it.
At least as important as which boiler to go for is the quality of the installer. You can get the best boiler that money can buy, if it is installed by a cowboy, you are still likely to have loads of problems.

We are going to do most of the installation ourselves..However we won't be touching the gas side (will get a corgi registerd person to do that)...And i think the flue will be left to him also...does that sound feasable?......Bill.....Not sure what you mean by your link whitespirit.

Find an installer first who is willing to do the last bit; if you can find one at all, he will probably have certain requirements unless it is a total cowboy.

We are going to do most of the installation ourselves..However we won't be touching the gas side (will get a corgi registerd person to do that)...And i think the flue will be left to him also...does that sound feasable?......Bill.....Not sure what you mean by your link whitespirit.

I may be shot down in a ball of flames here but i think it is now illegal for non Gas Safe to even hang a boiler :?:

my son gets the keys to this house on Friday,so the time is right for buying the boiler....What is/are the differences between the Vaillant pro and plus ranges, and which would be the one of choice (i ask carefully, fearful of the imminent torrent of answers )...I asked a couple of gas engineers, and apparently we can do everything ourselves except connecting the gas supply and connecting the flue.....cheers in advance, bill

Ok Vaillant is my choice of manufacturer, but which range do i go for Plus or pro ?........Lets have a vote.......Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back