New combi install

don't bother with the pro is my advice £50 -100 saving on the boiler some of which will be spent on filling loop and extra pipework.

the controls are not covered on the pro whereas the plus has a nice drop down front cover.
also the pro is 28 Kw the plus is 31 Kw

Sponsored Links
someone mention ideal! forget vaillant you can never get threw on phone line to technical.

idael logic plus 5 year guarantee no messing :D

Sponsored Links
If a car was a boiler, would you go for a Fiat or a Peugeot? Reasonably priced everyday cars but one is seen as reliable and the other as paper thin bodies and unreliable engines.!

Or would you go for a high priced BMW or Mercedes? Expensive options for everyday transport with highly priced spares.

Tony

I wouldn't have said Peugeot are that bad, paper thin and unreliable, bit harsh.

owned a fiat & a peugeout , both were reliable , now got a V.W , my views on boilers , stay away from any boiler with alloy heat exc , stainless steel only , mostly fit johnson & starley boilers now , decent people to deal with .
Perhaps the Ravenheat C.S.I primary boilers are or were the safest boilers on the market ????????

High priced parts are fine as long as they rarely need to be fitted. Peugeots of old, 205, 405, even the 406 were cracking cars, especially the diesels but what they produce today..... well I would rather have a Fiat but to be fair it is like comparing TB and Smallpox.... As for the Merc and the Beemer... well build quality is in the toilet there too, thats why I'm a Toyota/ Lexus man.. Nothing too flashy, but well screwed together and reliable... Except for the early IS diesels and the Pious..

I have a love hate relationship with my VW van... Toyota next time provided that the VW hasn't eaten my wallet.

Perhaps the Ravenheat C.S.I primary boilers are or were the safest boilers on the market ????????

You mean because they spend most of their time not working?

by the way I meant the Peugeot as the trusted reliable car and the Fiat as the paper thin one! I think I once leant against one and it dented!

by the way I meant the Peugeot as the trusted reliable car and the Fiat as the paper thin one! I think I once leant against one and it dented!

Hmmmm... Time to consider that diet then.

oooooH..groan.....I've just read some very dodgy reports about The Vaillant 831......My head hurts now.......Bill

Apart from the controls not having a cover what are the other downsides of the pro range....i presume there must be some as you can get a lot of cheap package deals on the pro range...but not on the plus range..Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back