New cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My Wife just has just purchased a new range cooker. The old cooker was plugged into a 13 Amp socket but this new one requires a 32 Amp connection. I currently have a ring main (32Amp) that servers only 3 double sockets in the kitchen. Would i be able to spur off this and use a 32 Amp switch to connect to the cooker or do i have to run a new radial circuit from the CU to supply the cooker?

Cooker is a Flavel Aspen 100 AP10FRK 5.7kW

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately a new Radial from the consumer unit, would be needed for that size load, via a Cooker switch.

The rules on unequal length supply cables are complex. It is very unlikely you can use ring main. An electrician may say you can but only after some very exhaustive tests and I would say more likely a new supply will be required. Since a kitchen it will come under Part P so any work may be checked and unless it would be very hard to run in a new supply not worth the hassle in convincing the LABC.

Sponsored Links
No Part P, he's from McLand

But no way you can put this on a ring final. Doesnt your kitchen have a feed for a cooker?

Thanks for all the replies i thought as much. Just going to run a new 6mm radial from the cu.

Thanks

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back