Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently looking to move my front door, as you can see from the picture the original door is set back giving an open porch under the house.
8F979D5C-1205-4E5A-AC2D-40AD93D97E01.jpeg

It’ll be set back slightly in that opening, which has now been narrowed to suit a standards door width.

Question is, does it need a plastic sill? The concrete sill there has a slight slope to the front. But a 150mm sill will look terrible and increase the threashold height. Or would a 80mm stub sill be sufficient? Just look for some advice.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
You could probably seal up its drainage underneath whilst the frame is out, and drill face drainage instead, to avoid a sill.

It looks like an old door, potentially not energy efficient....

Sorry, when I say move I mean where the front door is. Buying a new composite front door to fit in the new opening. Not moving the old UPVC.

Ahhh ok!

No sill required, just request face drained. Also, ensure they do a low threshold if it's in a sheltered position :)

Sponsored Links
The 150mm cill is only about 30mm high so with a low aluminium threshold it will still be lower than your current upvc one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back