New extension roof ideas - shallow pitch

Funny how many of the roofers would do it but not on their own house

Which roofers are these?

I'd find it even funnier that contractors don't build to approved and specified drawings, and just want to do their own thing. And even funnier that a designer would let them.

Sponsored Links
Which roofers are these?
Every one that commented on the last thread on this subject.

Your ‘solution’ is a flaky at best get-me-out when you’re boxed into a corner with a listed building or similar or you have a daft client insisting he wants to see or replace something that should never have been done in the first place. A proper solution it is not. You keep bodging away woods and giving out duff specifications if you think it’s funny and you’re too scared to be honest with your clients.

It’s a complete mystery how your fudge hasn’t made it into the multitude of slate and tile suppliers’ technical guidance’s as a reputable means of achieving lower pitches for their products, you should speak with them and let them know they’ve been missing a trick for the last century or so, they’ll be kicking themselves with how daft they’ll feel having not seen the light.

Every one that commented on the last thread on this subject.

Your ‘solution’

your fudge

Every roofer? That's how many, one, two?

What you forget is that is not, my solution. I never invented it. It's just been going on for as long as I can remember, and I know of roofs from several areas all over the Midlands that have been on for decades with no problems. Nothing to do with me either.

I'm still surprised that you have not heard of it, as it is so common. And I am also surprised how someone who is supposed to be a designer, can't design anything that's not just been copied from a text book. There must be some lovely bog standard monotonous extensions down there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back