New fence with blue stains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new fence installed with some strange blue stains.

Any ideas what these might be and if they are a concern and possibly need fixed or treated?

We're being charged £650 in total (labour and materials) for this double sided fence. Just wondering if this is a fair price?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Screenshot_20181005-180126_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-173245_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-180139_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links
The pressure treatment solution reacts with the resin coming out from the knots (Im told).
I think the price is fair.
Keep the boards clear of the ground if you can, and retreatment after a while can only do good. Are the posts in concrete?
John :)

The pressure treatment solution reacts with the resin coming out from the knots (Im told).
I think the price is fair.
Keep the boards clear of the ground if you can, and retreatment after a while can only do good. Are the posts in concrete?
How long would you normally wait for a retreatment? I don't think the posts are in concrete. Would you normally expect them to be?

Sponsored Links
If the posts are just set in the earth, they will need to be good and deep to remain firm.....many posts came loose during the dry summer! They will also rot quicker, despite being treated timber.
Personally Id set the posts in concrete which would keep them stable.....Postcrete is a ready made product that is frequently used.
Give the fence a couple of years and then give it a good drenching with preservative to keep it good.

Tanalising however you spell it.
As said it leaches out and quite normal.
The posts are wet at the base so i'd bet they were set in postcrete.
You can see cement powder on the bottoms too.

And £650 seems an excellent price for what looks a bloody good fence and tidy job

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. It sounds like I've got nothing to worry about which is a relief

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back