New garage height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have planning for an extension and rebuild of existing garage. Nothing is noted on the existing garage dimensions only height of pitched roof over garage @ 4.6m we are looking at building it 1 metre wider than the current footprint and raise overall height to 5m. Our small house sits in the middle of a 2 acre plot so not encroaching on anyone.
Will this be frowned upon if we just go ahead and put in retrospective to be 1m wider and deeper and 40cm taller than before? Any concerns here on being told to knock it all down?

Sponsored Links
It's a risk; you should build according to the plans. The LPA have four years from completion to take action.

It's a risk; you should build according to the plans. The LPA have four years from completion to take action.
Ok just to clarify here the plan would be to retrospectively apply planning we weren't going to 'oops' it completely. I was just wondering for example if we go retrospective they going to get ****ty that we weren't prepared to wait 3 months because they're so slow and just build it with these minor changes. I highly doubt anyone would ever notice as our house isn't visible from any roads etc in the imddle of nowhere.

Probably be absolutely fine but still at risk, if the house isn't even visible then how would they ever know anyway so is it even worth bothering? But then it ain't approved until it's approved.

Sponsored Links
Personally id get on and build it how you want, but I'd also take it on the chin if the council raised a problem.

If you're worried just apply for what you want, if you don't get it either build want you have permission for, or build what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back