New Heat only open flued Boiler - Any Suggestions???

S

Simonbeasley1

Hi All,

Have been approached by a client to supply and fit a boiler into a Grade II* Listed building.

I need suggestions of a boiler company that would supply a boiler that would utilise the existing chimney flued liner connection. Client said they are exempt from having a condensing boiler as the building backs onto the Church yard. I will be checking with local council to find out if a condensing boiler can be used providing it utilises the existing chimney flue.

so just to recap - An open flued heat only boiler non condensing and condensing options using the existing chimney (pls note will drop new liner down if required).

Do i need to supply a set of plans to the local planning office detailing the boiler & cylinder upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
Which one is grade 2, somewhat restricted, or the one where you need planning permission to fart?

The best you can get is an ATAG. They do a condensing flue liner kit, not cheap, but will suit your requirements I think.

For a lesser quality option, Halstead also do one as well, but would you want to fit this?

I wouldn't ;)

Sponsored Links
don't worcester do something now? don't install them personally but think I see it somewhere. if they can get an exemption then a nice ideal mexico cf should do the trick :LOL: :LOL:

Be lucky to buy a standard CF boiler now even back boilers are hard to get

Can't quite see why the client thinks they are exempt from having a condensing boiler cos they back onto a church yard. I would want to see something official in writing before I considered doing the work.

not my line of work, but, is the flue straight enough to poke a rigid pipe down? my boiler (Viessmann) can be fitted with concentric flue up to (I think) ten metres high. I have an idea the shorter ones are 100mm and the longer ones are 150mm.

I have seen this method a lot in Switzerland where they have modern condensing boilers in the cellars of old houses, and flues coming out through the old chimneys.

One of my girlfriends lived in one of those places; you paint the door in the wrong shade of the right colour, and they send in the marines.

Best to send in your proposal in quadruplicate and get the ok in writing from every office involved in conservation before you do so mark where you are going to drill.

And allow in your quote for extra paperwork and such.

Your choices are:

Viessmann 100/200 fitted with Viessmann flexi liner
Kidd Model 1 or 2 gas
Worcester Bosch FS Cdi 30 or 42 (liner to be launched shortly)
Halstead (avoid!)
Atag

In Europe most small (ie: domestic) boilers can be fitted with a proprietary 60/100 liner via an adaptor, but in the UK, although the equipment is available, the boiler manufacturers are being difficult about approving it, even though they have to elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back