New Home has a Shepard Homelift Evalator - HELP!!!!

Having spoken to lift refurbishment companies in the past, many can be got going again and brought up to a relative level of safety.

They were doing a 30-year-old lift at the time but for them they seemed much of a muchness. It may require a fair bit of work though - for the really old ones (including in people's homes) they sometimes leave only the car untouched!

Sponsored Links
Sadly, it does not cover how to lower in the event of lost/lack of electrical supply.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've found the crank handle!!! 500 turns later and the elevator has hit ground level.

Operation 'get rid' begins today.

Question for anyone clued up about elevators: Does it have any value (except scrap)?

Sponsored Links
Does it have any value (except scrap)?

Put it on eBay and see what happens.

(Seriously. Be clear that it is "for collection only", and maybe "buyer to dismantle". I've found that people are willing to pay for things that I would otherwise had had to pay to be disposed of. And in most cases, eBay (with minimal prices e.g. £1) is better than Freecycle, where the recipients can be unreliable.)

That's so awesome. Keep it!!!!!

Honestly put it on ebay. Include, vintage Victorian rare in your title...

Keep us updated. :)

My crank won't move, though.
Did you have to power it up or unlock anything to get the crank to move it ?
My wife is having knee surgery soon and this is timely.

Thanks,
Charlie Affel,
Philadelphia, PA

Hello Charlie,

No I did not power it up (I could not hence the need to hand crank).

The plate surrounding the crank hole had writing on it. This showed the direction to turn (this photo is probably in my original post) and there was something about an isolation snitch (located to the right of the plate).

Which way are you turning the crank handle and are you trying to go up or down. I've down both and going up is tiring!

Ps, I managed to dismantle and remove my lit - it is currently flare pack while I ponder over it's future.

Still got this flat-packed and no closer to deciding what to do with it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back