New immersion element not working

Are you getting 220V as shown and 0V with the black probe on the stat right hand terminal, will post another photo in a minute.

No. I am getting 0 as shown and 223 with the right terminal

Sponsored Links
If you are getting as shown in this photo then stat is kaput.

Attachments

• Stat photo 2.gif
    Stat photo 2.gif
    531.7 KB · Views: 37
When you remove the stat, change the M.meter to ohms and you should get 0 ( or o.2 or so) across the terminals, if it reads 1 turn the stat up /down (break the seal) you should hear a click and the M.meter reading should change.
I removed the stat. I put red and black on the terminals. The ohms reading was always 0 until I got to '2k' when I was .001 and at '200' it was 00.4

Sponsored Links
Ok something odd just happened. I was double checking my results and they were contradicting me... but then I head a click and itcwent bak to what I was saying

There is currently hot water in it from the central heating so I guess that I interfering with stat tests. But it was not working when the water was cold

I removed the stat. I put red and black on the terminals. The ohms reading was always 0 until I got to '2k' when I was .001 and at '200' it was 00.4
A reading of 0.4 ohms is OK on the 200 scale,
I misled you there, in the photo 2, if the stat is kaput or cylinder is up to temperature of 60C? it should read 0V in both places and if stat OK should read 220V,

Assuming it's up to temp now.. its reading 0 left and 221 right

So is this just bad luck or could something i have done in my first set of steps caused this?

Healthy Immersion Stat.

Attachments

• Healthy Immersion Stat.jpg
    Healthy Immersion Stat.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 35
I have just retrieved my old stat from the wheelie bin. Might give it a shot.

I let my daughter have a shower to use up the hit water. It's now showing 223v on both sides.

That would indicate the stat is ok, if both terminals of the stat are reading 223v ,what are the meters probes measuring between ? Obviously one probe on one stat terminal ,what's the other probe touching the brown wire or the black wire ?

That would indicate the stat is ok, if both terminals of the stat are reading 223v ,what are the meters probes measuring between ? Obviously one probe on one stat terminal ,what's the other probe touching the brown wire or the black wire ?

It's on sink. Red on black wire. 230 at each blue. Red on brown wire... 0 at each blue. And the opposite if I switch to Bath.

This is using the stat from my old element

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back