New light "invented"

I haven't contradicted myself. Dunno why you think I have. :confused:

Sponsored Links

Joe: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:01 pm
An invention isn't something that is patentable.

Me: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:47 pm
Really? I've heard of many inventions that the inventor has patented. Or have I misunderstood.

Joe: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:49 pm
Yes. It isn't a definition of an invention that it must be patentable.

So, it can be patented.

You're worse than a Labour politician.

Sponsored Links

Really? I've heard of many inventions that the inventor has patented. Or have I misunderstood.

So, it can be patented.

It can be patented but that is not a requirement. I can invent a new type of letter opener but I don't have to patent it for it to be an invention. Gedditt yet? (he won't). :rolleyes:

So, it can be patented.

It can be patented but that is not a requirement. I can invent a new type of letter opener but I don't have to patent it for it to be an invention. Gedditt yet? (he won't). :rolleyes:

It's a requirement if you want to stop other people stealing your ideas and cashing in on them but I somehow don't think this will concern you Joe so don't lose any sleep over it.

If they could patent stupidity you'd be in the box seat. :rolleyes:

Then wrote..
It can be patented.

But then very bizarrely wrote...
I can invent a new type of letter opener but I don't have to patent it for it to be an invention. Gedditt yet? (he won't). :rolleyes:

Did any body question or ask as to whether you needed to patent something to render it an "invention"?

No Joe I don't geddit why you wrote the last sentence because no one was questioning this. Strange bloke. :confused:

You need to read the thread again. Invention has nothing to do with patents.

It may be patentable or it may not. You need to lookup the definition of 'invention'. It's patently obvious to me.

To be an invention it at least has to have some resemblance to being something new or different. People have been building bottles into buildings ever since glass was invented and light tunnels and domes made from plastic have been around for donkeys years. At best this is a minor (very minor) variation on an existing idea.

You're avoiding the question, Joseph. You said:

"An invention isn't something that is patentable."

Then you contradicted yourself, several times.

Now stop twisting words and admit that you did a U-turn. (He won't. :rolleyes: )

Now stop twisting words and admit that you did a U-turn. (He won't. :rolleyes: )

I think you need to look in the dictionary. It doesn't have to be patentable to be classed as an invention. Why do you think that it does?

I think you need to look in the dictionary. It doesn't have to be patentable to be classed as an invention. Why do you think that it does?

How many times?

"An invention isn't something that is patentable" and

"It doesn't have to be patentable to be classed as an invention"

are completely different meanings.

I suspect you already know that, but are trying to wriggle out of it. On the other hand, I am fully aware that you enjoy winding people up so, having made my point clearly (several times) I shall not continue your little game. :rolleyes:

If they could patent stupidity you'd be in the box seat. :rolleyes:

Kettle, black, pot springs to mind, however I must agree with you on this one Joe, I must rank in the ten most stupid people in the known universe, why else would I reply to your inane drivel..

Sponsored Links
Back