new phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Nokia 5800 and contract up soon bit fed up unable to play some videos due to no Java, few other little things, want to know what mobile people have and any tips/ideas

have been with Tmobile for years and get unlimited internet, 200 mins, unlimited texts and 25 free pics a month for £22

Had my eye on iPhone but can't get it with Tmobile, thought maybe a N900 but again not with Tmobile

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the N96, great phone and on Tmobile too. Best phone I had in a long time and full of features.

N96 are you for real, its a 2 year old phone :cry:

obmcfc, i just an HTC desire, just come out in the last month.......its the iPhone killer and available on T mobile. I have one on orange, had if about 2 weeks, i upgraded from my pretty good but old N96

LED display, the colours are brilliant
Record and playback in 720p HD
1 ghz processor, loads fast than an iPhone
Loads of apps, not as many as apple but plenty to be getting on with, about 30,000

You will not be disapointed trust me, this is a slick phone

obmcfc, i just an HTC desire, just come out in the last month.......its the iPhone killer and available on T mobile. I have one on orange, had if about 2 weeks, i upgraded from my pretty good but old N96

Loads of apps, not as many as apple but plenty to be getting on with, about 30,000

The N96 is almost 2 years old and still has pretty much all the features of the HTC that most users will use. Camera is just as good if not better, larger internal memory etc

The iPhone is actually quicker than the HTC, the HTC seems a cheaper version of the iPhone, thats why HTC are releasing the HTC Incredible this next few weeks to try and upstage the iPhone

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have a blackberry on the Virgin media system which works very well.I have used it for a few small videos and taken lots of photos which to be honest are as good as an old digital camera I have
It's great now that i can send and receive email while on the move and although it can be difficult typing with nails I am getting more use to it
By the way the whole set up with unlimited internet access and texts with 200 minutes a month calls is £25 a month and that included the phone!!!
wonderful

Hi
I have a blackberry on the Virgin media system which works very well.I have used it for a few small videos and taken lots of photos which to be honest are as good as an old digital camera I have
It's great now that i can send and receive email while on the move and although it can be difficult typing with nails I am getting more use to it
By the way the whole set up with unlimited internet access and texts with 200 minutes a month calls is £25 a month and that included the phone!!!
wonderful

Thanks guys, Cynthia, I have just recently signed up to get Virgin broadband and was maybe looking at asking for a deal with mobile as well

DONT GET A SAMSUNG (caps intentional)

Features of my Pixon:
The worst T9 engine known to man (predicts words that dont exist and that i have never typed)

The worst typing layout known to man (on the typing screen is the button to toggle T9 on and off - why? I either want it permenant on or off! Also is a button to change language right there on screen. WHY???? I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and decide to type in French, then the week after in Spanish am I? It doesnt need to be there on screen! Somehow I think Samsung missed the point about touch screens.)

The slowest phone at clearing the inbox known to man
The slowest internet known to man
Screen lock but very easily unlocks and calls someone.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Im stuck with it for 18 months.

thats exactly what I did I used to be on vodafone and moved my number over..no problem ..if anything the reception is better now

thats why HTC are releasing the HTC Incredible this next few weeks to try and upstage the iPhone

That maybe so but the incredible is not coming to the UK ;)

thats why HTC are releasing the HTC Incredible this next few weeks to try and upstage the iPhone

That maybe so but the incredible is not coming to the UK ;)

It will do, it will just be behind everyone else like always. Phone manufacturers often say no to UK release then it it pops up out of no where!

The N96 is almost 2 years old and still has pretty much all the features of the HTC that most users will use. Camera is just as good if not better, larger internal memory etc

The iPhone is actually quicker than the HTC, the HTC seems a cheaper version of the iPhone, thats why HTC are releasing the HTC Incredible this next few weeks to try and upstage the iPhone

I honestly do not know how you come to your conclusion. Also is 600mhz quicker than 1ghz?

http://www.htcphones.net/htc-desire-vs-apple-iphone-3gs/

DO NOT GET THE HTC HD2!!!!!!

My brother just got one for his contract upgrade and he says it's the worst phone he's ever had the misfortune to be landed with.

He's got an iPhone as well and he says that can be pretty restrictive (and personally I dont like the way you text on it) but the HTC is truly awful.

He's went back to his N97 just now.

He also tried the N900 and says that in some respects it's not very user friendly - the QWERTY keypad can be awkward for a man's fingers to use and it's also very strange when you're used to the normal way of texting.

Me? I'm years behind on phones - I still have my Nokia 6500 slide - if it aint broke dont' fix it. I find it a brilliant wee phone.

Didn't like Samsungs cos texting is a PITA on them, but they do have some neat functions - like being able to block phone numbers and the camera on my old Samsung is actually better than the one on my Nokia and you can even use the flash when videoing on the Samsung (can't on my Nokia) - it was the texting that let it down for me.

Got a Nokia 5800 and contract up soon bit fed up unable to play some videos due to no Java, few other little things, want to know what mobile people have and any tips/ideas
small2

have been with Tmobile for years and get unlimited internet, 200 mins, unlimited texts and 25 free pics a month for £22

Had my eye on iPhone but can't get it with Tmobile, thought maybe a N900 but again not with Tmobile

Why cant you use the iphone on tmobile?

Iv had my pay and go iphone for over a year and its a easy to unlock it to any network with the jailbreak(google it) take 2 mins and then you can use any sim plus get free apps :D

small2

Why cant you use the iphone on tmobile?

Iv had my pay and go iphone for over a year and its a easy to unlock it to any network with the jailbreak(google it) take 2 mins and then you can use any sim plus get free apps :D

Few guys in work have unlocked ones and it is an option I may look into

Sponsored Links
Back