New planer, this looks a good price...

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
its absolutely fine but only around 0.4mm per pass its slow
i have wound my blades out to cut 0.8mm and its fine you don't get the fine adjustment but its great for doors
i wouldnt wynd the blades out for hardwood as it would probably chatter but it has plenty off power for hardwood but like any tool dependant on hardness and grain directions as to the finish you will get

if you want to cut the odd bit off 47mm hardwood then great a lot off 35 mm then great but if you want to cut 47-50mm hardwood day in and day out i simply dont know the outcome but suspect frustration or 4x2ah li-ons may be required :D

Sponsored Links
Be sure to read understand and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools !
Really miss that show it's a shame discovery uk is a bag of ****e now

I love the way Norm's always saying "I cut the rabbet with my dado head cutter in the bench saw",,,,,,,,, Can't do that in this country, (thinks,, Thanks H&S, you've just made the job longer) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I very nearly became a joiner thanks to watching Norm still got the interest in woodworking thanks to him.

Makita do make some beasties. I have thier 5143R (355mm) circular saw.
Will rip a 3" softwood plank at leisure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back