New Plug for Dishwasher - Junction Box or Plug

The one at the back appears to be much smaller cable. Possibly lighting, so probably not fit for purpose.
Next step, as above. Take your two probe voltage tester snd confirm which circuit is on that JB. Don’t assume it is the downstairs socket circuit!
Given as per the comment above in terms of difficulty accessing that JB above, is there a different step I can take? There is a socket on the other side of the wall, as mentioned that I could consider spurring off perhaps if the lower JB isn't suitable?

Sponsored Links
Given as per the comment above in terms of difficulty accessing that JB above, is there a different step I can take? There is a socket on the other side of the wall, as mentioned that I could consider spurring off perhaps if the lower JB isn't suitable?
Are you saying that neither JB is accessible? A hammer on the wall would cure that problem!
Of course you could spur off the other socket assuming it is suitable to be spurred from.
Are you aware of what checks need to be done at that socket to confirm if it can be spurred from?

Are you saying that neither JB is accessible? A hammer on the wall would cure that problem!
Of course you could spur off the other socket assuming it is suitable to be spurred from.
Are you aware of what checks need to be done at that socket to confirm if it can be spurred from?
So the lower JB is accessible and that's the one linked to the downrights I mentioned above. Would that JB that I spoke about be suitable to spur from? The reason being is it is exactly where I want the dishwasher, so would be easier.

The other socket is on another side of the wall, so would be a bit more tricky in terms of logistics. Re knowing what checks, I don't know!

Sponsored Links
So the lower JB is accessible and that's the one linked to the downrights I mentioned above. Would that JB that I spoke about be suitable to spur from? The reason being is it is exactly where I want the dishwasher, so would be easier.
Oh lord, this is hard work.

The JB that is accessible. What is the rating of the MCB that protects that circuit. What size cables are in that JB. Is there any other fuse in the circuit that might limit the current?
If its feeding some lights then its probably a low-current circuit and not suitable for a dishwasher.

The other socket is on another side of the wall, so would be a bit more tricky in terms of logistics. Re knowing what checks, I don't know
Again, what is the value of the MCB protecting that socket? Is the socket on a ring or is it already spurred from another socket.
You would need to do some testing to find this out. Do you have a test meter that can measure continuity?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back