Help with wiring in electric hob tonight

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Steve and ColJack and others kind enough to help me. I don't care what the rest of you think. I bet if I were a male I wouldn't get the kind of ****e on here that I did.

I shall finish the whole thing off then take a picture of my finished kitchen to show you. And I'll use the self timer to show you I'm me. It might take a few weeks though. Need to wait for the plate to be delivered.

This evening I'm seeing what happens if I lick my fingers and play with the mains supply.

Sponsored Links
If you came on here openly as a male, you'd have gotten a whole lot more sh**e a whole lot faster!

Thank you Steve and ColJack and others kind enough to help me.
We all did in our own sweet way. All we wanted was for you to be safe.
You kept giving mixed messages and didn't seem to take on board the advice you were given, which made us all worried and fustrated.

I don't care what the rest of you think. I bet if I were a male I wouldn't get the kind of s***te on here that I did.
au contraire!!
I shall finish the whole thing off then take a picture of my finished kitchen to show you. And I'll use the self timer to show you I'm me.
Don't know arrangements for electric work notification and the law in Scotland, but it will be useful for the authorities to have a mugshot to work with ;) :LOL:
This evening I'm seeing what happens if I lick my fingers and play with the mains supply.
Would be safer than what you originally had intended :eek:

Sponsored Links
This evening I'm seeing what happens if I lick my fingers and play with the mains supply

If the cooker is working then enjoy a hearty last meal before playing with the mains.

ban all sheds, I dont think AB specifically set out to ignore our instructions. She tried to follow them, but perhaps didn't understand what she was looking for.
So the excuse for using 0.5mm² cable on a 6.4kW appliance was what....?

ignorance.. it only shows a picture of a cable, no indication of size, and your general grade DIYer doesn't know the formula to convert or the current carrying capacity of cables..

good luck with your kitchen, I hope you get it all sorted safely.

glad i dont live in a block of flats in or anywhere near scotland :)

ban all sheds, I dont think AB specifically set out to ignore our instructions. She tried to follow them, but perhaps didn't understand what she was looking for.
So the excuse for using 0.5mm² cable on a 6.4kW appliance was what....?
If you follow the posts on the first and second? page, you'll see that she wasn't advised on the cable to be used to wire the hob, until she posted the picture of the hob, which she'd apparently wired BEFORE she sought advice here!

ignorance.. it only shows a picture of a cable, no indication of size, and your general grade DIYer doesn't know the formula to convert or the current carrying capacity of cables..

No it doesn't. She posted a picture that clearly showed the coil of cable with the product packaging that it came in (Tower, 0.5mm^2, 5m, 3 core round flex). This will have clearly stated the capacity of the flex was 3A. Look at the 9th post on page 1 of this thread.

sleeping.gif

ignorance.. it only shows a picture of a cable, no indication of size
It looks like there's some kind of lettering on the cables on the diagram label. Sure it's not something like H05RR-F3G4.0? I'm not....

If you follow the posts on the first and second? page, you'll see that she wasn't advised on the cable to be used to wire the hob, until she posted the picture of the hob, which she'd apparently wired BEFORE she sought advice here!
Precisely. And she didn't come here to ask about that.

No it doesn't. She posted a picture that clearly showed the coil of cable with the product packaging that it came in (Tower, 0.5mm^2, 5m, 3 core round flex). This will have clearly stated the capacity of the flex was 3A.
I rest my case.

For this reason, I gave her a shopping list from TLC, a place where she can purchase exactly everything she needs.

Steve re your shopping list how do you propose to connect the 6mm t+e to the cooker outlet and from there to the 13a single?
you said before you're not sure if its specced for it ............

cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back