Help with wiring in electric hob tonight

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
have you seen her profile picture?

we could do with an up to date one next to the hob to prove it's real though... :evil:

somebody sent me a video of something like that...
sickest thing I've ever seen...
and it only gets worse the more I watch it... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have no idea her level of inteligence, and neither do you and you were making personal attacks..
And it's not unreasonable to think that she came here to lie and insult our intelligence....

for all you know she might be a biochemist on the verge of finding a cure for cancer, or a theoretical physicist about to prove unified string theory..
So does that mean that choosing a 0.5mm² cable for a 6.4kW appliance wasn't a stupid thing to do?

Does that mean that not having the gumption to wonder why cables come in different sizes, and why they have different current ratings quoted for them, and still think it would be OK to do electrical work wasn't a stupid decision?

Does that mean that repeatedly ignoring the advice she was given was not stupid behaviour?

that doesn't mean she automatically knows how to wire a hob or change the brakes on her car...
She could be a Nobel prize winner, but if she decided to change the brakes on her car despite knowing absolutely nothing about it then that would be a stupid thing to do.

she, like all of the pro's and advisers on this forum, has to start somewhere and learn the stuff she needs to know.. so she came here to ask...
She was stupid to think that the gulf between what she knows and what she needs to know could be filled by asking a few questions here.

the realy stupid thing would have been to plug it in and watch it melt, THEN come and ask what went wrong..
Read the sequence of posts again.

She originally asked only about the JB - the stupidity of choosing a 0.5mm² cable didn't come to light until several posts later.

If she hadn't had a problem with that JB then connecting it up and watching it melt or burn is exactly what she would have done.

Surprised no one noticed the original 0.5mm flex was connected to: Brown to live 1; Blue to No Connection: Earth to Neutral.

Surprised no one noticed the original 0.5mm flex was connected to: Brown to live 1; Blue to No Connection: Earth to Neutral.

There is no connection no 3 - it is just a vacant positon. You can just and so see the numbers to the left, she/he had Phase to 1, Neutral to 4 and Earth to the terminal marked with the earth symbol.
The earth looks a bit white to me.

I stand corrected. It looked like the earth terminals were further up. And yes, it does look white-wrong sleeving perhaps?

ban all sheds, I dont think AB specifically set out to ignore our instructions. She tried to follow them, but perhaps didn't understand what she was looking for.

For instance, a cooker outlet is a pretty "nondescript" item, and may be difficult to find amongst the blank plates in B&Q, especially to the amateur DIYer. A 13 amp socket may be a little easier to find, for example.

For this reason, I gave her a shopping list from TLC, a place where she can purchase exactly everything she needs.

She hasn't said whether she has followed my advice yet. Perhaps your doom-mongering and character asassination has scared her off ban.

I stand corrected. It looked like the earth terminals were further up. And yes, it does look white-wrong sleeving perhaps?

You can see it's yellow with green on the edges. The photo is just a bit washed out that's all.

ban all sheds, I dont think AB specifically set out to ignore our instructions. She tried to follow them, but perhaps didn't understand what she was looking for.
Maybe not, but as far as playing about with electricity is concerned, this is the point that someone should take a step back and get someone who knows involved. It isn't what you do know that is going to bite you, it's what you don't know.
She hasn't said whether she has followed my advice yet. Perhaps your doom-mongering and character asassination has scared her off ban.
I don't believe BAS has treat her any different to anyone else. Electricity doesn't discriminate, it can quite easily kill you wether you are a an attractivebrunette or a pimply faced youth.
I'm still thinking troll btw, maybe owing to the PM thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back