New roof !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was called to this job recently by a neighbour who was concerned about the quality of workmanship!
20190305_171029.jpg

Sponsored Links
i guess you told them the straight joints are fine and gauge doesn't matter, its fine to put slates on upside down..
these look like brazillian ..if you must use them hook fix.. it stops the broken bits falling out.....

Sponsored Links
It was the neighbour on the right who is now getting a leak who asked me to come round. The scaffolding was still there so I climbed up to see what was happening. The guy who owns the house came out and asked me what I was doing? (Who didn't bother coming to the door when I knocked) I said I was checking the roof He then tells me he has had a new roof, to which I said by a bling man I presume!

might be able to soaker some of those straight joints then bill the guy next door

ideally the new mes needs removing and starting again. Probably ranks with one the worst new slate roofs ive seen.

The original slate looks like a nice slate.... diminishing course look nice..

Last edited:
I like the disorderly order of the tiles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of secondary school, learning entropy...

Westmoorland green those Data. Good for another century unless some moron's come along! Garyo The guy came up the ladder and I pointed out thing that were wrong, even when I pointed out that they hadn't bothered putting in any under's or changed the old lead he still thought it would do!

Westmoorland green those Data. Good for another century unless some moron's come along! Garyo The guy came up the ladder and I pointed out thing that were wrong, even when I pointed out that they hadn't bothered putting in any under's or changed the old lead he still thought it would do!

I hope the tiles that came off werent like the ones on the right. If so what a travesty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back