New scheme for young unemployed

If you stopped the Poles from taking all the jobs there wouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored Links
So you think a million young people unemployed is a good idea?

This scheme will help some young people get into work and gain some hands on experience to improve their chances of find work in future.

I know some people will say that employers will get rid of the employees as soon as the subsidy runs out. This might be the case in some places. But employers would want to keep decent workers.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

There is only so much a government can do; but they can’t cater for every eventuality.

They can stop ready trained Poles from taking the chances away from young Brits. It's shameful.

Sponsored Links
Years ago a company I worked for use to set YOP's on (Youth Opportunities Scheme) They had to take them on for a 3 month period and the government paid their wages. After a year (and some great people who should have been kept on) the Jobcentre told the employer they have got to at least set someone on full time with a proper job, or they would stop sending young people. The company then set the next person on , You've guessed it, the worst one we ever had, was offered a job. He stuck it out for another month before leaving. Yet the company had the opportunity to set some great people on , who would have been an asset to the firm. The company abused the scheme for it's cheap labour aspect and nothing else.
I can see this new scheme going down a similar route, whereby unscrupulous employers will abuse the system. It will take at least a year for the jobcentre's to weed out these employers.

Years ago a company I worked for use to set YOP's on (Youth Opportunities Scheme) They had to take them on for a 3 month period and the government paid their wages. After a year (and some great people who should have been kept on) the Jobcentre told the employer they have got to at least set someone on full time with a proper job, or they would stop sending young people. The company then set the next person on , You've guessed it, the worst one we ever had, was offered a job. He stuck it out for another month before leaving. Yet the company had the opportunity to set some great people on , who would have been an asset to the firm. The company abused the scheme for it's cheap labour aspect and nothing else.
I can see this new scheme going down a similar route, whereby unscrupulous employers will abuse the system. It will take at least a year for the jobcentre's to weed out these employers.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

So what is your idea for sorting out the countries failing economy and rising financial deficit?

It's a waste of time...Our open Europe laws mean it's pointless, and it definitely is ageist.
I was at a gig in Glasgow last night, stayed in a hotel, and the two receptionists(night and morning) plus the lass who served the breakfast were all EE's.
Every time I go into Asda in Perth I hear more EE languages spoken in the aisles than I do Scottish/British- you even see three generations of them out shopping sometimes, the whole lot have come not just the youngsters to send money home. Even here where I live in the middle of nowhere the local estates have employed them for housekeepers etc- and jobs for locals round here are like hens teeth.
So what is going on to create this situation? Are they really that much better workers, or are they somehow being exploited by lower than minimum wage jobs and paid cash in hand?
It really makes me wonder WTF is happening back in their home countries, must be a lot of OAP's swimming in p*ss if they're all over here looking after our baby boomers.
It's an insidious class war in my view- by opening the floodgates the rich, so-called "professional" classes who charge £150 an hour for say being a lawyer, have effectively put back skilled workers wages decades...I mean, how dare a joiner or brickie charge £20 an hour for some proper skilled work and hard graft, tell you what we'll flood the country with desperate immigrants and that rate will soon be halved...what with rampant inflation, massively expensive and overvalued houses, it's no wonder so many are on benefits an think "F it all....do a full weeks graft for £20 more than benefits give them".
The real answer to youth unemployment is of course enforced sterilisation, a bit of eugenics should improve the stock somewhat, too many kids in the UK obviously and we don't have any use for them so why have them(apart from satisfying the ego of course.. ;) )

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

So what is your idea for sorting out the countries failing economy and rising financial deficit?

Well, without wanting to be accused of racism, xenophobia, or whatever. I do think closing our borders to all and sundry from Eastern Europe would be a great start. As many on here have said, the great social engineering experiment by the previous Labour administration (IE Multiculturalism), just hasn't worked in our favour.
I watched a program on TV a few months ago where they were comparing EE work with our standard of work. They got a British joiner and a Pole on a building site to construct a studwork partition. The British chap constructed it exactly as I though he would and took around 4 hrs to complete the job. The Pole however, constructed a frame the size of the finished studwork, then made another studwork which fitted inside that one. (joiners will know what I mean) His took 6 hrs to complete and probably cost at least an extra £20 in materials. The gaffer said he'd rather set the Pole on because,, although he used more materials and took longer, he'd actually cost less to employ than the British joiner. (big difference in pay rates)

Last company I worked at, had about half a dozen Polish people working for them. One claimed to be a plasterer by trade.. He actually skimmed a breezeblock wall using drywall adhesive. When it had set, he then sanded the lumps and bumps out of it, before giving it a mist coat and 2 top coats of paint. If he was a qualified plasterer then I must be the Pope.. Go in peace and bless you my son. ;) ;) ;) ;)

High unemployment will probably always be with us. If the UK economy is screwed, then there aren't any jobs. If the economy improves, then Eastern Europeans will flood in and take any jobs created. It's no-win.

That's why Nu Labour brought in anti discrimination/racism laws. They knew that they were going to cram millions into the UK from around the world for the benefit of big business, and they knew what the result would be. The laws are there to stop anyone objecting or protesting against the crazy situation we now have. It's all about big business, and f**k the British worker or the unemployed.

Using all the poles and ee workers as only adding to the failing economy...local people cant get work so cant spend money in local shops, bar resturants...and migrants will not spend a penny unless they have to..and live 6.7.8 even more to a house just buying the basics and sending the extra money back home,,,, so in effect there may be a quick win in paying the migrants lower wages but long term they will suffer.

If we can all see it - why can't the politicians?

If we can all see it - why can't the politicians?

Quite easily Joe, Politicians are paid an excellent , above average, wage + all the other benefits like almost unlimited expenses. Free this and that, and don't forget the fiddles they'd rather we don't find out about. :rolleyes:
I'd like all MP's to spend their first 6 months in the H of P trying to manage on what they jokingly call the minimum wage. No expenses either, If they ain't got it , they can't spend it to claim back later. Rent or mortgage to pay? Hmm let them get evicted and thrown to the mercy of local councils,, Or even one better,,,, nowhere to live?? No job. !!!

This thread's no fun. Everyone's coming out with sensible, common sense posts. People agreeing with each other.

Where's the loony-left, like Thatbloke and Spacecat gone? We need a muddle-headed, barmy, pc perspective to the debate to even things up a bit. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back