Government asks firms to employ more young British people.

Bear in mind that the TV programs deliberately pick the laziest barstewerds they can for these shows because it makes for good tv (allegedly).

Sponsored Links
. I went to Germany in the 70's & 80's with thousands of others, the Germans aren't fools, they took us on .
bit like those who went over in `44 - fooled them then :mrgreen: Auf Wiedersehen ,Pet
Nige, forgive my ignorance but is this you being ironic again? I thought irony was the use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning-so did we fool "them" in 44 or the 70s or not or what-- help me out here.

Quite frankly I am appalled at the iliteracy, :cry:
so am I - there are 2 L`s in illiteracy same as in B* llocks :mrgreen:

LOL - actually it did`t look right, but in my defence it wasn`t picked up by the spell checker :(

and "dam" was spelt that way on purpose because I suspected it may incur the wrath of the site censor...

My English is terrible compared with say Mr Fry for example, but it is streets ahead of the skills of most people under the age of 25!!!!!!

My point is we have a very large "lost generation" who are virtually un-employable and as a country we should be demanding/pushing to "fix" the problem, not falling out amongst ourselves!

........Oh and it was intended to be very much tongue in cheek ;)

Edit - another spelling error :oops:

lymmranger said:
but in my defence it wasn`t picked up by the spell checker

The trouble with spill chockers is that they can only fund mis-spilt wards. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and also said:
and "dam" was spelt that way on purpose because I suspected it may incur the wrath of the site censor

Fair point. In previous posts, I've had to use swear words like "balls" or "dick" because it wouldn't accept the correct medical terms. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
lymmranger said:
but in my defence it wasn`t picked up by the spell checker

The trouble with spill chockers is that they can only fund mis-spilt wards. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and also said:
and "dam" was spelt that way on purpose because I suspected it may incur the wrath of the site censor

Fair point. In previous posts, I've had to use swear words like "balls" or "dick" because it wouldn't accept the correct medical terms. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bollocks and cock

Can we see a source for this info please? It sounds like NF bull talk to me.
Our government just handed a large contract to Siemens in Germany worth 3Bn yet the company in Derby who is the last uk train manufacturer didnt get a look in. They employ 3000 British workers.
Its not the employers who need to be urged to employ Brits and its the people who read the drivel in the original post in this thread and take it all in who are really letting British workers down.
People need to wake up and not be drawn down the garden path by our media who are basically run by our government, you lot are worse than sheep , clockwork toys the lot of ya! Wind you up and watch you go! :LOL:

THATBLOKE. please keep up. I've already stated that a majority of the workforce at Bombardier in Derby are actually employed by agencies on short term contracts, (which may or may not be extended)
If you choose to work for an agency, you have to accept that contracts can be very short. I have seen agencies advertising jobs for , one day, two days and even three days. I even seen one advertising 6 hrs work.
Hmmmmmm

THATBLOKE. please keep up. I've already stated that a majority of the workforce at Bombardier in Derby are actually employed by agencies on short term contracts, (which may or may not be extended)
If you choose to work for an agency, you have to accept that contracts can be very short. I have seen agencies advertising jobs for , one day, two days and even three days. I even seen one advertising 6 hrs work.
Hmmmmmm

Thats still no reason for our government to give the contract to Germany, perhaps it was a cost/money decision?
I dont agree with agencies, vultures the lot of them.

Agencies are indeed the scum of the earth, however with modern employment laws it is very difficult for a company to hire a worker and then be able to get rid if he turns out to be a waster so companies turn to agencies who will supply a worker until he is no longer required or desired. Britain is in a funny situation, we need to be turned back into a third world country before we are competitive enough to become a prosperous manufacturing economy again..

Thats still no reason for our government to give the contract to Germany, perhaps it was a cost/money decision?
I dont agree with agencies, vultures the lot of them.

The Transport Minister stated that owing to a vital clause missed out of the original tender contract by the Labour Transport Minister they had to go ahead with giving the contract to Germany.

The clause was that social economic conditions could be taken in to account when awarding the contract. All other countries have this in order to keep contracts firmly in the country of origin. But not Britain. They must be laughing their socks off at us.

And another thing....

I have worked via agencies and I would say they got on the band wagon because nobody else was doing it. If Unions had got off their high stools and started up job agencies they would have been able to help employment in a very big way. They could have ensured training and skills were channelled in to jobs. They would have been able to negotiate with employers what their labour problems were and get them fixed.
I do believe that although they are not responsible for the employment problem, they did not help because they failed to see the bigger picture. I.e. loads of unemployed, untrained people because employers could not invest in their future. The Unions should have become a major job/people finder for the employers.

however with modern employment laws it is very difficult for a company to hire a worker and then be able to get rid if he turns out to be a waster

We have some guys in my company who we inherited via outsourcing who are useless and lazy to the point where you have to employ someone else to redo 99% of their work properly. Because of the contract they were TUPE'd across on it's hard to get rid of them so they just get shuffled between various departments every few weeks as people realise how awful they are.

We even hired a guy last year to take over a job I'd been doing so I could move to another role, but within a couple of weeks it was obvious he couldn't handle it. Instead of getting rid of him, he was just moved to another role where he proved slightly less incompetent and the customer wasn't complaining about stuff not getting done.
To add insult to injury, when redundancies surfaced a few months later they kept him on and let go a lad who'd done his modern apprenticeship with us and was pretty handy.

and also said:
]and "dam" was spelt that way on purpose because I suspected it may incur the wrath of the site censor

Bollocks and cock
Damned if I know how an inoffensive expletive like that should incur the censor`s wrath , but hey , you know what , obviously you could of tried it ;) But you don`t need to be pedantic over the English Language , at the end of the day it provokes lively debate`s even if I do contribute *******`s :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back