Government asks firms to employ more young British people.

J

joinerjohn

As the title says, the government is now asking more companies and firms to employ young British people.
What do you reckon?

My personal take on it is that the government need to get on top of immigration into this crowded island first. and not just because they will do the cheapo jobs etc.
They also need to get on top of education. Perhaps more time spent on vocational subjects , or a foreign language (specially Polish ) might help young people enter industry. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
well their easy way all govement job needs to have so many british workers and apprentices on site

My view is that the best candidate should get the job in every instance, regardless of where they are from. That includes getting rid of "positive discrimination"

Sponsored Links
My view is that the best candidate should get the job in every instance, regardless of where they are from. That includes getting rid of "positive discrimination"

The best candidate will be the one who will keep their money and spend it in this country.

The main reason for any employer taking on foreign labour is their cheapness. The CBI said as much today. How many people here could pay a mortgage, run a vehicle & send their kids to higher education on minimum wage?
British industry doesn't give a **** about British workers, but when did it?

Lostinfens, you have to realise that our government is paying, working tax credits and /or family working tax credits to these Polish/Eastern European workers. They may work all hours for the minimum wage, but tell the tax office they are on basic hours. A year later, when the tax office checks to see what they have earned, they find that they have been working for 48hrs per week and getting overtime, then the Polish/ Eastern European has bu**ered back to their country of origin, and has no intention of paying any tax credit they were paid, (over and above what they were due) back to the tax office.

They are quite literally, taking the p**s, and will tell you all of the scams they use to claim as much as they can in this country.
Typical one is to tell the tax office they have a wife and 3,,,/4 kids back home and claim family tax credit, and want it paying into their wife's bank account.
What they don't tell the tax office is that they have set this account up in a female name (but in reality it's their own account) .... By the time the tax office check their details, they have already claimed FTC for almost a year. That's when they go back home, only to resurface a few months later under a different name (all with wives and kids etc) And so it continues. Money is leaking from this country faster than any Severn Trent water mains ever could..

The main reason for any employer taking on foreign labour is their cheapness. The CBI said as much today. How many people here could pay a mortgage, run a vehicle & send their kids to higher education on minimum wage?
British industry doesn't give a s**t about British workers, but when did it?

You tell me how these immigrant workers can afford to run a fairly expensive vehicle on the minimum wage (without a wife and 3 kids) then. I've explained in my last post , how they manage to do it. You tell me how any British person, on the minimum wage in this country can afford anything more than the most basic PAYG mobile, far less a car and the pub, meals out etc , etc? (without scamming the system)

Lostinfens, you have to realise that our government is paying, working tax credits and /or family working tax credits to these Polish/Eastern European workers. They may work all hours for the minimum wage, but tell the tax office they are on basic hours. A year later, when the tax office checks to see what they have earned, they find that they have been working for 48hrs per week and getting overtime, then the Polish/ Eastern European has bu**ered back to their country of origin, and has no intention of paying any tax credit they were paid, (over and above what they were due) back to the tax office.

They are quite literally, taking the p**s, and will tell you all of the scams they use to claim as much as they can in this country.
Typical one is to tell the tax office they have a wife and 3,,,/4 kids back home and claim family tax credit, and want it paying into their wife's bank account.
What they don't tell the tax office is that they have set this account up in a female name (but in reality it's their own account) .... By the time the tax office check their details, they have already claimed FTC for almost a year. That's when they go back home, only to resurface a few months later under a different name (all with wives and kids etc) And so it continues. Money is leaking from this country faster than any Severn Trent water mains ever could..

Have you ever tried to open a bank account under a females guise? :LOL:

British industry doesn't give a s**t about British workers, but when did it?

You tell me how these immigrant workers can afford to run a fairly expensive vehicle on the minimum wage (without a wife and 3 kids) then. I've explained in my last post , how they manage to do it. You tell me how any British person, on the minimum wage in this country can afford anything more than the most basic PAYG mobile, far less a car and the pub, meals out etc , etc? (without scamming the system)

I can , they work for it John , like the rest of us.

Whilst I agree in principle with all of the posts (well ish) so far I feel something important has been overlooked.

In my last 3 jobs, over the last 20odd years I have usually been involved in recruitment for my employer.

Quite frankly I am appalled at the iliteracy, attitude and appearance of 99% of people who think I should waste my time interviewing them.

In my present role, no one in the warehouse can write properly, one cant even read!!!

In my last job we attracted a never ending stream of canditates who having just graduated (usually in ancient graveyard history or somesuch equally useless waste of time subject) felt that using the phrase "but I have a degree" meant that that qualified them for the job and that we should be grateful that they condesend to work for us.

Overall whilst I would always try to employ naturalised English staff I can understand why it doesnt always occur....

Oh and of course it is about to get worse because the dam teachers will be on strike for the next 3 years :cry:

lymmranger said:
Quite frankly I am appalled at the iliteracy, attitude and appearance of 99% of people who think I should waste my time interviewing them.

Twenty five years ago I would have disputed that but now I'm not the least bit surprized. Which brings us back to the original post --

joinerjohn said:
They also need to get on top of education. Perhaps more time spent on vocational subjects , or a foreign language (specially Polish ) might help young people enter industry.

To misquote an old public service announcement:

"I wish, I wish I didn't keep failing all my interviews." :( :( :(

"Then learn to read young man, learn to read." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back