Now the shetlands want independance from scotland

Sponsored Links
'Shetland' not 'The Shetlands' :D

More Norse than Scot. Definitely not British and 1000 miles from London?

The article states 29% Viking.

There is, historically, a Viking influence in Yorkshire.

Can we have our independence too?

HOY !!!! Not where youre posting from !

Sponsored Links

I thought you were!

Only anecdotal, but my sister in law is from Shetland, I've been there and it's a place apart.

Perhaps Cameron should be asking the English, if they want independence from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.. ( mind you, I think we all need independence from the bloody EU) ;) ;) ;)

Since the Shelties own the oil, the Scots won't let them go.

Perhaps Norway should stage a Putin-style "rescue" invasion.

its a typical non story probably on a slow news day

a few make a statement which will never happen and the press pick it up:cool:

I would be interested to hear Mr Salmond's reply to this. As he's busy demanding independance for Scotland from England ( ;) ), he can hardly ignore the claims from Shetland to be independant from Scotland and grant them their own referendum in such a case.

Should Shetland leave Scotland then a certain amount of schadenfreude would be justified :D

HOY !!!! Not where youre posting from !

But I'm in exile. When Yorkshire independence comes about I shall return to the mother country and apply for a Yorkshire passport.

Of course, I expect the original borders to be observed: we'd retain all those little bits stolen by Lancashire, Westmorland and County Durham in 1974.

Is everybody going off and making their own country? There's no way Salmond would agree to this, and in the same way an independent Scotland would have to apply tobe part of the EU, so would Shetland.
But an independent Yorkshire is a fine idea, we have enough shale gas underneath us so that we can sell it to the rest of the UK, sorted. Let's do it.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
You mean the rest of the UK gains independence from Yorkshire?

great idea.

Yorkshire tea, Yorkshire pudding, James Herriot. This county has contributed so much towards global peace.

Sponsored Links
Back