New shower cable

Approved Document P is the building regulations (part of it) and 'like for like' Does appear in it.
and it is Document P that states what is notifiable or not
My point was merely this. ;)

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware the 35A, 40A & 45A fuses/MCB bases (orange or green)have an extra keyway so can only be fitted in specific boards in a specific position.
That position in a compatable board is usually only the one position next to the main isolator.

That is correct, or at least was - the newer ones don't have the extra lug on, so can be fitted anywhere by anyone it seems.
The bases are also made from a different type of plastic - a more flexible type than the old ones.

Approved Document P is the building regulations (part of it) and 'like for like' Does appear in it.
and it is Document P that states what is notifiable or not
My point was merely this. ;)
No it isn't, Approved Document P is guidance. ;)
Read the first paragraph on page 3 of that document
It is the law i.e. the building regs which state in schedule 2B work which is non notifiable, all other work within the scope of Part P is notifiable.

:oops: apologies spark123 and BAS, gotta give me points for trying though :LOL:

IMO though the work which has commenced in the ops dwelling is all notifiable

Sponsored Links
Those documents are only guidance tho :cry:
The law is as BAS states - the law doesn't say like for like, it says " (b) replacing a damaged cable for a single circuit only"

But, as regards replacing a damaged cable, doesn't it say something like, following the same route and using the same cable, which effectively makes it like-for-like?

The guidance does
The actual law doesn't go into any detail - it just says "replacing a damaged cable for a single circuit only" ;)

I thought I couldn't find the wording in the document itself...

Document P is like the regs & the guidance is like the OSG.

Happy days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back