new shower crossed wires??

Whoops. Didn't mean to upset anyone!

I was joking: just winding up John by following RF's post....

Should've put a ;) after it.

Sponsored Links
Whoops. Didn't mean to upset anyone!
I was joking: just winding up John by following RF's post.... Should've put a ;) after it.
That's what I assumed, which is why I didn't respond! If I had responded, I would undoubtedly have reminded you that I'm not even an improper electrician, let alone a 'proper electrician' :)

Kind Regards, John.

Proper Electrician or improper Electrician, it could be worse.

You could be called an "Electric B#stard" or "E.B" (or Ebee)

:LOL:

Proper Electrician or improper Electrician, it could be worse.
You could be called an "Electric B#stard" or "E.B" (or Ebee) :LOL:
I'll take that as a term of endearment - I've been called far worse in my time :)

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Yes indeed , that's the way I took mine - it meant I had become accepted as I now had a nickname :LOL:

What the heck are we doing up at this time on a Sunday Morning ? :D

sorry to dissapoint you on the guesswork
the sparks was back promptly the next morn.
apologisied profusely "schoolboy error on my behalf" was one of his comments

anyway it was a live which seemed to be the prob. (a loop of 10sq coming from the bottom of the rcbo) the live feed i presume. took him all of 5mins to fix.

getting a look in side the cu i could see that the rcbo is on ots own circuit, it just physically happens to be on the right of most everything else.
probably because he arrived with a cu with most of the components allready installed, except the rcbo, and the mcb for the shed which was wired into a mini enclosure by me a couple of years ago.

i did also mention the cooker circuit - rcd. he said it was on account of it being a fixed appliance, hard-wired in , or something along those lines, he even offered to show me the relevant regulations.

anyway if anyone is still dying of curiosity the get a butchers inside of the unit , just say and i will try to get get a pic on here tomorrow,
thanks again lads
great forum this, couldnt have done my bathroom without all the great advice i have gotten in all of the various sections

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back