New thermostat not turning ventral heating OFF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester greenstar 28i junior combi boiler and a tower rf wireless thermostat that I purchased from toleration which I am trying to install to replace the wired British gas one.

The wires connected to the old British gas one were brown to the L terminal, blue to the N terminal, black to the 3 terminal, and the grey wire had just been cut and was not connected to anything.

I spoke to the tech team at Worcester and Tower who both said to connect the live and neutral but then connect the black wire to the terminal 4 (labelled "NO" - switch output on normally open) and then use a piece of wire to connect terminal 4 back to the L terminal. This worked and the wireless thermostat turned the central heating on but is not turning it off so the thermostat says the room is 23 degrees and the target us 21 degrees. The "active" light on the receiver was on until it hit 21 degrees then it correctly went off but did not switch the central heating off.

I'm guessing something is wrong with the wiring so it is constantly in the on position but not sure what I've done wrong. I have attached the wiring table to this post in case it helps.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Attachments

• 15162289837791609628504.jpg
    15162289837791609628504.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 213
Sponsored Links
Thanks for sych a quick response. So i should have brown to L, Blue to N and black to 3?

Sorry response was vague,

Brown to live
Blue to neutral
Black to 4
Link wire from live to 3 common

Sponsored Links
Ah ok. I'll give that a try now.and let you k ow if it works. Thanks very much.

Ok, So I have it connected like this now. Is that correct? Just wanted to double check as the guy at tower said that if I get it wrong it could blow the circuit board. The boiler is a volt free set up apparently.

Attachments

• 1516230553696131126184.jpg
    1516230553696131126184.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 223
That seems to have done the trick as the heating has been going on and off for the last hour or so since changing the wiring.

Thanks again for your help. Really appreciated.

Ian

I would re-terminate those crimps though.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by re-terminate the crimps though? Are they not connected properly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back