New to Gardening

Do you have a pic of the flowers, Ive drawn a blank with the leaves and Mrs lost who's more of a plant expert cant put her finger on it

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't have any pictures of the flowers, and I don't recall any flowers either

The leaves remind me of lilac but if there weren't any flowers then that would be a pretty disappointing lilac. Unless you pruned it at the wrong time of year.

Yes I need something in the hedge which will produce leaves all year. How long will privets take to grow to 8 - 10 ft tall

Also anyone know what these two are.
These also look like Ash. Especially looking at the new growth after pruning, needs to be dug out.

Sponsored Links
Suggest acquiring an app for your phone to identify plants, I use PlantNet, must be others as well.
plantNet.png

Thanks for your replies

Do I dig it out only (roots and all) or do I cut it down and use a herbicide on it.

Some shrubs can miss a year flowering and some have insignificant ones.
PlantNet can identify by either the flowers or by leaf. Load the App, use your camera to take a pic, then either select identify by Flower or Leaf and then read its suggestion. If will give a percentage % of the probability of its answer being correct. Found if useful once to identity a 'weed' growing in a field using its leaf.

Hello

Here are the buds from the plants/trees shown in the last two photos

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back