new to gas work

No, it is not just the old boys. We are in the most severe recession in living memory, and without a customer base your chances are extremely slim unless you are happy to compete on price only and work for 80 quid a day.

Sponsored Links
hi i have just finished my ccn1 and four appliances i am new to the industry and am starting my new business in gas work. anyone out there with any ideas where i should start in this field

CCN1 and 4 appliances don't get you registered untill you've spent time on the tools with an experienced engineer.

or does it now :rolleyes:

thanks. willing to work for whatever just want to gain some experiance first its all about the advertising and who you no

what doitall i dont understand. i had to put a portfolio together before doing my ccn1

Sponsored Links
i do feel competent i wouldnt of got threw the ccn1 if i didnt i no it doesnt stop there im just seeking a bit of advice thats all. have you been in this line of work for long?

Best thing you could do now is book yourself into a few boiler manufacturers courses.

thanks any in paticular? i am currently doing a boiler repair course and wiring. what costs am i looking at?

Thanks for your advice. however i am going to try on my own for the first six months see how it goes. Do big companys take on new people like myself with so little experience?

Do you really think that it is fair for you to advertise your services when in reality you have no relevant experience at all?

If you charge by the hour to find faults then you are going to take a long time and overcharge the customer compared with an experienced person who would quickly find the fault and fix the problem.

Do you really imagine that British Gas would risk their reputation sending you out on their behalf?

If BG took you on it would be as a trainee initially until you had developed adequate skills to be let loose on customers.

Tony

agri. yes i do everyone has to start somewhere. rabeye registered engineer

thanks any in particular? i am currently doing a boiler repair course and wiring. what costs am i looking at?

As many as possible, ring a few of the popular manufacturers up and see what they can do.

ARGI, arrange free training days for groups.

Have you actually applied to become Gas Safe Registered yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back