New to old wall connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2022-5-4_22-51-51.png

can someone provide clarity on this, am i correct in thinking its dpc behind each of the catnic stronghold connectors, but wherewould the filler board go?

Sponsored Links
Your "engineer" is a ******. You cannot use wall starters with a filler board and mastic joint due to the vertical channel. You will need to use individual screw in ties, not wall starters, as these can be poked through the compressible board.

Do yourself a favour and fire your "engineer" because I suspect he has an IQ lower than my pet rock.

Cheers

Your specification is wrong

You don't need a DPC at the new/old wall junction, you just fit the wall starter and seal it with a polymer mastic on the external face.

You should fit a vertical DPC where an existing external wall becomes and internal wall

As @^woody^ says - detailing as per Catnic specs:
Screenshot_20220505-130438_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• Catnic_StrongholdWallStarterKit_Datasheet_x3pg_CCP0355.2.pdf
    793 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
I've never seen enough differential movement (on any of our jobs) to warrant a flexible joint filler. All ours are mortared and still looking good.

View attachment 268966
can someone provide clarity on this, am i correct in thinking its dpc behind each of the catnic stronghold connectors, but wherewould the filler board go?

the magic of cut n paste

building regs drawings are just that, a collection of annotated notes all pasted onto the drawing.

If your house is cavity wall, wouldn’t building inspector want to see a 50mm channel to continue the cavity rather than dpc. Stops thermal bridging. Always seems a bit scary to me, it feels like it’s cutting the house in half!!

hi maybe its because the new extension is block and render rather than brick and block
upload_2022-5-6_14-32-17.png

I maybe, been signed off by building control to so what do you go with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back