New Zealand

Sponsored Links
Japanese footballer Kumi Yokohama has said “they” are transgender
the 27 year old played for Japan at the 2019 woman’s World Cup
transgender people in Japan must have there reproductive organs removed to have gender recognised on official documents
This article is about Japan's outdated notion. It is not about the issue under discussion, (a transgender athlete competing in the Olympics) but is worthy of inclusion on the general issue, because it illustrates that some concepts of the transgender issue are mistaken.
It rests on an outdated and pejorative notion that a transgender identity is a mental health condition, and requires transgender people who want legal recognition to undergo lengthy, expensive, invasive, and irreversible medical procedures. The relevant legislation—known as the “Gender Identity Disorder Special Cases Act”—is contrary to international human rights law and international medical best practices.​
The article recognises that people can be incorrectly assigned a sex/gender at birth
“Transgender” is an inclusive term for anyone whose sex assigned to them at birth does not conform to their lived or perceived gender. It refers to people for whom the designation as “female” or “male” on their birth certificate does not align with the gender that they are most comfortable expressing or would express, if given a choice.
https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/03/...abusive-transgender-legal-recognition-process
Just like racial categories, are now seen as outdated, old-fashioned, Victorian and scientifically illogical.

On a side issue, either transam is well versed in this issue, or he has been doing a lot of internet searching. If he has been doing a lot of internet searching, why the heck does he not include the links to his sources of information! It's common decency!

I heard about a female Russian shot-putter that failed a drug test. Apparently she couldn’t get her cock in the specimen bottle.

Sponsored Links
On the news it said that a woman’s Tour de France bike race will be held / revived next year ?

Could be an oppurtunity for the transgenda sporting community ? :idea:

Female sports in general tend to suffer from a lack of sponsorship, investment, and participation, etc.

Do you believe that there is such a thing as a woman?

What do you think it is?
Rather than asking the same question repetitively, why don't you posit your theory, and we'll look at it, and contribute if we wish to?

If you don't know if there is such a thing as a woman, how can you say if people are, or are not, women?

If you don't know if there is such a thing as a woman, how can you say if people are, or are not, women?
You interpret my refusal as a 'don't know'.
That's your opinion, it doesn't mean it's correct.
The logical and normal way to debate some thing is for the person who wants to initiate the debate to posit their theory. Then others can contribute if they wish.
It's a weird way to initiate a debate by asking someone else to start the debate with their theory.
If you want to debate it, then follow the normal pattern of behaviour, and posit your theory.

Have a look back and see if you can read my statements.

I can understand why you don't want to admit that there is such a thing as a "woman" because your assertions collapse like a house of cards in a hurricane.

Have a look back and see if you can read my statements.

I can understand why you don't want to admit that there is such a thing as a "woman" because your assertions collapse like a house of cards in a hurricane.
I don't need to look back, I know that you have repeatedly asserted that sex is binary and people cannot change sex.
You have not provided an iota of evidence nor any eminent opinion to support your assertions.
You have not once attempted to posit your understanding of what is a woman.
Until you explain what you understand to be a woman, you are asking someone else to start the debate that, as far as I can see, only you want.
So answer your own question and start the debate:
... a woman?
What do you think it is?
And I'll contribute if I want to.

You have not once attempted to posit your understanding of what is a woman.
Until you explain what you understand to be a woman

Nonsense.

I have said that a "woman" is an adult human female.

What do you think a "woman" is?

It's all very well arguing over what a woman is, or if somebody doesn't know what a woman is, but that really is not what this is about.

The question is, should somebody that has had the genetic and hormonal advantages of being a man during their formative athletic years be allowed to compete as a woman, knowing that they have a biological advantage resulting from the years, or in this case, decades, of being a man.

Maybe the real reason there are not many transgender women competing in sport is just because
  1. relatively few people compete in sport
  2. those that do may be turning their back on their masculine side, so don't want to do athletics
  3. those that do still love athletics just don't feel it would be fair for them to compete - I am sure at least one transgender woman has said this, can't remember who though.

Sponsored Links
Back