next doors boiler flue distance from my property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I live in a row of terraced houses and next door have had a boiler installed upstairs and the flue exits very close to were my property starts is there a set distance this should be. I have done a drawing to illustrate the situation. [//media.diynot.com/210000_209885_67918_40173548_thumb.jpgnet]209885/67918_40173548.jpg[/net]

Sponsored Links
sorry but your drawing does not make any sense ? and you will have to add the installation date as the regulations change all the time

Sponsored Links
OK so have to guess now does it exit through the rear wall next to your boundary ?

As the picture shows I live in a terraced house. With next doors boiler flue exiting the property very close to mine. Is there a set distance there flue should be from my property?

Is the flue being a nuisance to you in any way? Without a photo its hard to comment. Tip: all modern boiler manuals have a very handy diagram of a house showing the required clearances for most flue positions, its usually taken direct from the regs. Its easily found on google.

If the flue does not comply with the clearances then have a friendly chat with your neighbour. There are plume management kits available which could sort it out

Different boiler manufacturers sometimes have different measurements, but usually yes 300mm from the flue to your boundary.

As the picture shows I live in a terraced house. With next doors boiler flue exiting the property very close to mine. Is there a set distance there flue should be from my property?

The picture doesnt show Diddly squat, you have worked out how to post a picture shame you havent worked out how to draw one !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back