next doors boiler flue distance from my property

Think he is trying to represent the rear elevation of the row of houses.

He hasn't though given us the model of boiler or the distance measured to the boundary.

Oh, and its PARTY wall.

Not "parting" :evil:

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dan sorry OP my fault completely didnt realise you were showing a front elevation DOH

Think he is trying to represent the rear elevation of the row of houses.

He hasn't though given us the model of boiler or the distance measured to the boundary.

Oh, and its PARTY wall.

Not "parting" :evil:

Sorry for my spelling. The distance from next doors flue to the party wall dividing are houses am pretty sure is about 150mm from looking, will have to measure it but am pretty sure it's less than 300mm is this what it should be, is it against regs then?

It will depend on the boiler, btu 300mm would be the minimum. 600mm might also be an option.

A plume management kit will be the easiest solution to your neighbour I would have thought, although not strictly in accordance with the rules.

Sponsored Links
No is the simple answer, it may be against manufacturers recommendations depandant on make and model of the boiler but as you are clearly a grieved neighbour it is unlikely that your neighbour will supply you with the make and model of his boiler

No is the simple answer, it may be against manufacturers recommendations depandant on make and model of the boiler but as you are clearly a grieved neighbour it is unlikely that your neighbour will supply you with the make and model of his boiler

Doesn't matter, flue distances are nearly universal as per the BS book.

A simple pic and we would know whether it was ok or not, the drawing is worthless.

I can't take a pic now due to the light, but it looks like there boiler has been hung on the party wall so I'd say the flue is only 150mm tops from the party wall between our terraced houses.

not really just looks close so though they my be regulations against this its also close to our window I would say about 500mm but from what I found online this is far enough away.

What has your neighbour done to deserve this Jason? Must be pretty bad for you to be researching it like this! Ran over the cat maybe?

Was because though was a bit close to our window but it seems its within the limits for this. Are you saying its not unusual to see boilers with flues exiting less the 300mm from the party wall/ boundary.

No, but i'm saying you obviously don't like your neighbour, thats all

Flues should exit at least 300 mm from the party wall.

But in those cases where the party wall does not project then many will say 300 mm from the centre line of the party wall.

As long as its not causing any nuisance then its probably not terribly important!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back