next doors boiler flue distance from my property

Sponsored Links
Gas Safe dont issue certificates. Perhaps I am mistaken :confused:

Huh?

It won't meet building regs.

If it's otherwise compliant with clearances to openings and corners then it won't be dangerous.

If I get your meaning?

Sponsored Links
That depends on your viewpoint !

He has not installed in accordance with maker's instructions or with Building Regulations.

But he has installed in the easiest way and its unlikely to upset any reasonable person.

Also its totally safe so no issues with that either!

Tony

its about from 150mm/175mm to the party wall so I suppose asking for a plume kit to make it to 300mm is a bit daft.

The plume kit could cost about £80 and will take about 30 min to do.

A ladder is needed which also has to be loaded and transported if you don't have one.

I don't see what it would achieve apart from giving you pleasure of being bloody minded and causing your neighbour ( or the gas installer ) extra expense as well as creating friction with neighbours!

But as its incorrect you could complain to Building Control first and then perhaps to Gas Safe.

I have to say that I wonder what a Gas Safe inspector would be thinking!

Tony

Have to say - I am wondering if like is too short on this one.

OP - you might win this battle, but will it really bolster relations with this neighbour.

Read a bit of Sun Tzu.

For all we know it may be just another battle in a long running feud with neighbour!

has jasonford actually given an installation date :?: :?:
i looked but couldnt see one but may have missed it :LOL: :LOL:

The plume kit could cost about £80 and will take about 30 min to do.

A ladder is needed which also has to be loaded and transported if you don't have one.

I don't see what it would achieve apart from giving you pleasure of being bloody minded and causing your neighbour ( or the gas installer ) extra expense as well as creating friction with neighbours!

But as its incorrect you could complain to Building Control first and then perhaps to Gas Safe.

I have to say that I wonder what a Gas Safe inspector would be thinking!

Tony

What do you mean by I wonder what the gas safe inspector would be thinking?

Was interested to read this as I live on a row of terraced houses and a lot off flues exit from one house within 300mm of a party wall separating the terrace houses is it quite a common problem on terrace houses?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back