Next...the Kitchen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are splitting hairs with this to be honest. The walls are very small. You would get a better finish if you lime it, saves you ****ing around with the outside corners.

You render it in lime, no skim.

I would also pull off that batton you have done. build it as a frame and insert it. As it is at the moment it's no good. If you look at your door opening it's as I suspected, you don't have enough room to fix insulated board......

Sponsored Links
You are splitting hairs with this to be honest. The walls are very small. You would get a better finish if you lime it, saves you p******g around with the outside corners.

You render it in lime, no skim.

How does it make the outside corners easier? Surely you still need to go through a similar process?

I would also pull off that batton you have done. build it as a frame and insert it. As it is at the moment it's no good. If you look at your door opening it's as I suspected, you don't have enough room to fix insulated board......

I think it'll be fine - I can take just over an inch off the door and then line the frame with some additional finished wood onto which I'll reattach the door, its only the 'cupboard under the stairs', its not a main door.

So can I attach standard moistureboard on the adjacent walls or should I use fire resistant board?

How does it make the outside corners easier? Surely you still need to go through a similar process?

Lime is caustic.

I think it'll be fine - I can take just over an inch off the door and then line the frame with some additional finished wood onto which I'll reattach the door, its only the 'cupboard under the stairs', its not a main door.

I don't see the point in making extra work and to be honest if the battons are anything to go by I wouldn't tackle moving a door frame. Your battons need some attention, I wouldn't fix board to it...

So can I attach standard moistureboard on the adjacent walls or should I use fire resistant board?

Use what ever you want. Lime would be easyer.

Lime is caustic.

I don't see the point in making extra work and to be honest if the battons are anything to go by I wouldn't tackle moving a door frame. Your battons need some attention, I wouldn't fix board to it...

Sorry peaps but you're not explaining yourself clearly.

Why do the battens need attention? They're solid and level - they're not absolutely spaced evenly due to having to find good fixing points into the brick, but I'll mark their locations before fitting plasterboard.

I'm not moving the doorframe, I'd just be attaching a piece of wood to the existing wood to bring the frame in a little.

Sponsored Links

Lime is caustic.

Sorry peaps but you're not explaining yourself clearly.

Why do the battens need attention? They're solid and level - they're not absolutely spaced evenly due to having to find good fixing points into the brick, but I'll mark their locations before fitting plasterboard.

I'm not moving the doorframe, I'd just be attaching a piece of wood to the existing wood to bring the frame in a little.

You seem to know what you are doing so....

You and xblack certainly have a lot in common...I think I'll stick with my earlier intention - ignore you both and take note of Richard's advice, theres very obviously a good reason that he has so many 'Thanks' compared to you two clowns!

You and xblack certainly have a lot in common...I think I'll stick with my earlier intention - ignore you both and take note of Richard's advice, theres very obviously a good reason that he has so many 'Thanks' compared to you two clowns!

Probably because of the time he has been around. You have had good advice from a few here, I don't see why you are still not sure what way you are going.

good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back