NHS R.I.P

The country is broke. The NHS is a bottomless pit and given the opportunity would swallow every penny and still want more. We need another Maggie to take it on - she tried back in the '80s but got beaten back. The miners were a soft touch compared to the vested interests in the NHS.

Don't think so, the likes of Maggie caused the problem, by trying to run a service as a business, rather than concentrating on clinical care.

Sponsored Links
Speaking from recent experiences-- I have only admiration for the NHS.
Ambulance at my home in less than 10 minutes--and in hospital 15 minutes later.
Comprehensive checks done and follow ups absolutely 'spot on' .
Could not have better in the private sector .

Saying that- would the private sector send out a abulance ??.

NHS is wonderful -- . Especially when you need it .

You didn't need it - you are a time waster. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So what treatment did you get? Nuffink. That's what. Time waster.

So what treatment did you get? Nuffink. That's what. Time waster.

Do you really think anyone would tell you anything of a personal nature?

You look for weaknesses in everyone- and then you pounce on them and exploit them.
What a very sad way to Live Joe . Maybe you need to occupy your mind-- maybe get a job and contribute a bit to the NHS .

As things stand- people see you as a self opinionated fool- always quick to critiscise and never quick to apologise -when you are totally wrong .

Now - crawl back into your lair and await the next victim of your acid tongue.
I feel sorry for you and your caustic infected tongue.
This forum would be better off without you for sure.

You don't need an ambulance for piles mate. :mrgreen:

Speaking from recent experiences-- I have only admiration for the NHS.
Ambulance at my home in less than 10 minutes--and in hospital 15 minutes later.
Comprehensive checks done and follow ups absolutely 'spot on' .
Could not have better in the private sector .

Saying that- would the private sector send out a abulance ??.

NHS is wonderful -- . Especially when you need it .

You're right. When it comes to emergencies or life-threatening conditions, the NHS is excellent.

What should be the first to go would be such things as free IVF and stomach bands.

You're right. When it comes to emergencies or life-threatening conditions, the NHS is excellent.

What should be the first to go would be such things as free IVF and stomach bands.

Well, it shouldn't stop there. In fact the NHS should probably be split into 'urgent stuff' and 'non-urgent stuff'. The non-urgent-stuff part gets sold off.

The Yank's system has flaws but it's not all bad, we could certainly learn a lot from there.

It will never happen of course, too many voters like getting something for nothing.

The NHS is screwed because it is unionised.
Why do you think there are no sackings of incompetent staff.

The BMA fights the Doctors corner too and both organisations work on a rachet principle where any change can only be to the financial betterment of their members so basically its all totally rigged up.

Thats why NHS staf dont give a crap because they dont have to.

The NHS was screwed LONG before any of the recent attempts to get some form of token valuse for money from the system.

The staff don't care.

I had a Nurse on 40k who I managed.
One day she came to me with a vaccine and asked 'What shall I do with this?'

Firstly on 40k she didn't know that after 5hrs it had to be scrapped.
Secondly she had opened the vaccine and mixed it before the patient had arrived and they did not show up.
Thirdly she had just blown £86 because she did not wait for the patient to show up before she opened the vaccine.

That third point is the one you should realise about NHS staff - they never even consider the cost of wastage and simply reorder.

A look on the medicines management log revealed she had 'spoiled' several vaccines.

I immediately changed her working process against her argument that the vaccines had to be at room temp to be injected.

'When they get here they will just have to wait five minutes they wont they' was my response 'I'm not going to waste £90 every time a patient no shows!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...reatment-leave-paying--NHS-powerless-act.html

There is also another HUGE issue within the NHS and that is RACE.

Incompetence by staff is met by the playing of the race card.

I had to sign up immigrant patients even though they had no right to NHS services.
I signed up Pakistani women who within weeks came to us and reported they were pregnant.
There was nothing I could do about it the guidance from the then PCT was more or less ' just sign them up'.

The PCTs were scared ****less of being accused of racism like every public body.

So this happens.

Mdf has hit rhe staff attitude nail firmly on the head

the likes of Maggie caused the problem, by trying to run a service as a business, rather than concentrating on clinical care.

So every other country in that top 18 runs healthcare as a business (privately provided healthcare, government subsidised insurance)

But the UK (at no18), have our problems because we *tried* to run healthcare like a business, like all those other countries that do better than us.

Bit of a shat argument that.

[But the UK (at no18), have our problems because we *tried* to run healthcare like a business, like all those other countries that do better than us.

Bit of a shat argument that.
Tried is the operative word - what happens is the " business" has to Meet Targets that don`t correspond to any real world business model - they are bureaucrats`imaginings - and in Staffs. people died .

Sponsored Links
Back