NHS R.I.P

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well I reckon it's about time that society started caring about the people footing the bill.

Nobody gets turned away from any USA hospital if they need urgent/emergency treatment. If they want elective stuff they have to pay. We could learn a lot from that approach.

Why do these dabates keep going on about America, why not the rest of Europe which also uses insurance models, and provides top quality care?

Tried is the operative word - what happens is the " business" has to Meet Targets that don`t correspond to any real world business model - they are bureaucrats`imaginings - and in Staffs. people died .

Yes, they tried and failed for the reasons I alluded to previously.

People react with shock and horror at the mention of "private" when talking about the NHS, all reason goes out the window, the plans get watered down, applied half assed, and then smug gits like you feel all validated and walk around going "Told you so, we shouldnt have private care".

Then 40 years later still hark on about thatcher.

Well I reckon it's about time that society started caring about the people footing the bill.

Nobody gets turned away from any USA hospital if they need urgent/emergency treatment. If they want elective stuff they have to pay. We could learn a lot from that approach.
So if you're rich you get treated, and if not all you get is a quick patch up job...

Yep, we can sure learn from the septic's approach... :rolleyes:

Well that would depend on the condition you presented with.
Sounds like it depends on the card you present..

But hey, as you say - we have a lot to learn from the septics... ;)

Why do these dabates keep going on about America, why not the rest of Europe which also uses insurance models, and provides top quality care?
And that excellent care can come at quite a high cost. A friend of mine's wife was taken extremely ill whilst on holiday in Majorca. She spent about 6 or 7 weeks in hospital there. Shortly after their arrival home in the UK the final bill arrived from the hospital. Over 23,000 Euros (of which their insurance company paid about half) leaving them with just short of 12,000 Euros to find.

If you really want to know what a self pitying set of overpaid whingers doctors are then I suggest you read the articles on this website on a regular basis.
There you will learn how every attempt to get better patient outcomes get slapped down by lazy Gps....

Here the NHS is looking at how else it can financially encourage GPs to pull their fat fingers out of their arses and actually look after patients as if QOF didn't try hard enough.
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pr...actice-outcomes/20002507.article#.UV34LzeMfMw

From the website you will also learn this startling fact:-
'In December, a Pulse investigation revealed that more than one in five CCG board members have financial interests in private healthcare providers exposing them to multiple possible conflicts of interest when commissioning services. The analysis of nearly 900 CCG board members’ registered interests shows that 23% were directors, owners, partners or shareholders in private healthcare providers, or have a family member with an interest in a private healthcare provider.'

, and then smug gits like you feel all validated and walk around going "Told you so, we shouldnt have private care".

Then 40 years later still hark on about thatcher.
I`ve moved on from Thatcher , I`ll do the same for you. I have got a lot from the NHS I can`t say the same from you :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back